No audio at all

Bdc62

installed last actual version of VideoPad: 8.06 (unlicensed, non-commercial) on my Windows10

Want to see first if it works ... and I like a lot of the possibilities until now but the sound.

When I add files of either .MOV, .mp3 or .WAV ; I just get a flatline as audio wave in the Clip Previeuw.
No surprise that I don't get any sound, trying to play them.

I did find the C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\mp3el2\lame.exe and tried to execute again and restarted and...

Any advisory to fix this?
Any additional info required?

Thx
Bart

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submit a file that does this.  When the file is clicked in the bin (prior to being dropped onto the timeline) is there audio?

How to include a link to a file in your forum post:

Upload the image to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc.  Copy (share) the URL and paste it into your post here.

Need the file itself.  Please upload it and link it here or in a PM (personal message) via the envelope at the top-right of this forum.

Does the file play in Windows Media Player?

Uninstall Videopad with this free tool.   Then reboot and reinstall it.

Strange indeed.  A system-specific issue as the samples load just fine here.  image.png

Check on Direct-X.   DirectX diagnostic report includes detailed information on your computer hardware. To get a DirectX report, press (right click on Win 10) Start button->Run. And then type in "dxdiag".  <enter>    Any errors found?

If you have access to another PC, try the program there.  You can also ask tech support.  https://tinyurl.com/r89tpcw

Refer to this thread.  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/30268-no-audio-at-all-flatline/?tab=comments#comment-79206

Hiall

Example downloaded and played correctly here in Version 8.06 on a Vista PC. I notice that the audio file icon in the bin does not seemed to have changed from the quaver "Processing" icon wiuth the eggtimer to the "Waveform" icon. When the audio was loading for the first time was there a "processing file" pop-up?  It seems to suggest that the mp3 was not fully converted.

Nat

Odd.  What are those PC specs?  What brand of processor - Intel or AMD?   Plays fine here in the latest versions.

Report this via the chevron at the top-right of the VP window or via the tech form, linked above.  Mention the PC specs and please refer to this thread...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/30268-no-audio-at-all-flatline/?tab=comments#comment-79206

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good in preview and a low-res mp4 test export.  Audio is panned full right so perhaps that's why it appeared to be missing.

Move the black slider square at the left of the audio track to the center, so both channels are heard.  Then try an export.  image.png

As noted in my prior post, your project looks good here in v8.12 so could not replicate your issue.

Is there sound in preview, but not in export?   What are your PC's specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM/free space?

Try an uninstall/reinstall and report back, please.

Hi Wendy

Just downloaded your project from Dropbox and it's currently loading here to VP 8.10. Like Borate, the first thing to notice is that the  Audio Track 1 Stereo Pan is set to 100% right. So move this to the centre. This setting should not cause loss of audio.

Some time later.....It took some considerable time to cache on my old Vista PC (perhaps because your clips were in MOV format which are less compressed than my usual mp4) but once cached your project  played OK in preview.

Your project exported as an mp4 and it played normally from end to end. There were no breaks in the audio so can't think what may be up at your end apart from a problem with the version you are using which may possibly have become corrupted in some way. You could try a re-install...firstly OVER the version you have and if that doesn't work then after a complete uninstall.

If you have saved your vpsetup.exe file and your licence code from the current version then you might also try installing the latest version. As your project is rather lengthy can you say whether a very short project also exports without sound?

Nat

Please try this beta version and report results here.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:19 AM, borate said:

Please try this beta version and report results here.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi, I had to reinstall an older version of Video pad but don't have the recovery key. The email I used was an email that I no longer have access to and now I can't export my videos because it says that my version is only a trial version.  My issue is that my original file registration details are located on an email server that I no longer have access to. 

I've tried posting in these forums before but no one has answered any of my queries. 

Hoping I get some joy here

Wendy

ps the slider is in the middle on my file

7 hours ago, Wendy Thacker said:

Hi, I had to reinstall an older version of Video pad but don't have the recovery key. The email I used was an email that I no longer have access to and now I can't export my videos because it says that my version is only a trial version.  My issue is that my original file registration details are located on an email server that I no longer have access to.

It's asking for a security key... What do I do? I bought the upgrade to the one that had the sound issues but it didn't give me a separate key and I can't access the original one.

So I clicked the trial version lite and this has no sound.  I'm just going to reinstall the 7point whatever version because at least this one worked but I need a security key.

If you don't get a response to the email use the CHAT feature.  https://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html

Again, what are the PC specs?   CPU/GPU/RAM?  Have you downloaded this as protection, so the server can be cleared?

The issue is baffling as it can't be replicated by Nat or me using versions 8.10, 8.12. or the latest beta.

Is there no audio from the sequence only after export or is it missing as you are editing as well - played in preview?

If the latter, confirm the volume slider is to the far right and that no clips are muted.  The track should like the image below for every clip...

There should be no RED X on any speaker icon.

audio.jpg

Click on each speaker icon.  In the box that appears, be sure that the volume slider is far RIGHT.  speaker.jpg

Last ditch efforts...

Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS | DISK tab.

Do a full UNinstall, using this free tool.  Then reinstall the latest version.