VideoPad Video Editor Transition Problem

LaTasia

Hello everyone,

So I am currently using VideoPad Video Editor to edit a music video for a client and so far it has been very good.But when sending out an exported rough cut of the video to a group of editors, an editor noted that after one of the transitions, there is a quick flash. I realized it was the fade transition going from nothing to the image, but once the transition ends, it cuts right to the video clip.

I realized what was going on. It creates a weird "flash" effect because the clip during the transition is dark, but once the transition is over, it cuts to the original video clip which is light. I tried my hardest to try and fix it but I think it is just the software and there is nothing to be done about it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there a way to fix it or is that just how the transition is and there is nothing to be done?

All input is appreciated.

Thank you,

LaTasia G.

What version of Videopad is being used?

Switch to Storyboard mode and look at the area of the transition.  Is there a gap or very small clip between the desired clips?  If so, excise it.

Folks here will  be glad to check out your project and analyse it for a solution.  Simply share it and post the shared link here or in private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi

Yes. you may have tiny gap between the fading clip/image and the next clip/image. If you are, as you say fading from nothing to an image and using the Fade transition you should see the transition bar equally divided between the clips (For "nothing I am using a blank clip) The join will look something like this......

aa.jpg

If you have a small gap between the clips it may not be visible if the timeline is zoomed out but in this case the transition bar will only be present on the first clip.........

bb.jpg

As Borate suggests switch to Storyboard mode and any gap will become visible.e.g. In this example....

ccc.jpg

If you see this right click on it and select Close the Gap then  click the X and insert a new transition.

As an alternative to a transition, switch back in timeline mode you could simply click the F box on the clip and use Fade-in

Normally a gap between clips would be a black flash in the playback ,but using a black frame as the first clip this would not be seen and the following clip would cut in immediately.

It would be useful to see the exact layout of the timeline to see what might be the problem but the above may be of some help.

Nat