Track offset, (left & right) to sync audio track to video

gtrrich

Hi everyone!  I just started using Videopad & have a question about offsetting an audio track that was recorded on a separate device from the video camera, (same performance, but video and audio were started at different times.).
I see that I can click and drag the audio track and move it left or right.  A small window pops up and shows an offset time.  Can I manually type in an offset time somewhere to get an exact time?  I have searched and cannot find a place to enter an offset time for a track.  Thanks in advance!

Hi

There is no option to directly enter an offset value related to the soundtrack  but if you do know the required offset then you can enter this directly into the box under the Sequence Preview window. The timeline cursor will then directly go to that point. and provided the audio track is unlinked you can then drag it so it starts at the cursor line (the offset point). It will snap into place when dropped very close.

Nat

Nat's method is solid and simple.

An alternative approach would be to first lock the video track, add any audio file to the bin, then set an end time by dragging the blue right-hand bracket (on the timeline below the preview window) to the left until the length of this 'wild' audio clip matches the desired offset time..

Click the chevron to the right of the ADD button (under the preview window) and ADD SEQUENCE AT START.

The 'wild' clip will be inserted ahead of your audio clip, pushing it down the timeline by the offset amount.  That clip then can be deleted.