.wav's converted by Switch - non-compatible...

vurt

I'm testing this program out to convert large sample libraries for my Tiptop ONE (stand-alone .wav compatible sample player).

It will not play .wavs after it has been converted by this tool, even if i use the format that the sample is in originally (24bit, 44.1khz, mono). Saving the same file from Soundforge, using the exact same settings as in Switch (24bit, mono, 44.1KHz). The file is somewhat smaller when saved from Soundforge than from the converter, so Switch is definitely adding something which isn't there to begin with.

I've also removed unnecessary tags/metadata and whatnot using the program Kid3, it will still not play the file converted by Switch, so its not that.

So whatever it is doing with the .wavs you should probably know that this thing you are adding is not compatible with everything out there.

It's also bad that you must add metadata, not everyone uses it and it can even be bad to have for e.g a sample player that streams the file from a micro SD card, the file should have as little "junk" as possible to be able to process it with as little as possible latency.

If anything you should add the option to remove all meta data and other "junk" from the .wav (those programs are hard to come by). A built in .wav cleaner (a non audio one!) would be great, i can see myself purchasing for that alone... afaik there can also be other junk data in .wav's... i recently found a program for that but didn't purchase it yet. 

Other than that it works good for e.g my PC, all programs can read the .wavs. But its not something i would purchase at this stage since its not compatible with what i want to use it for.

Oh, and TipTop One can play all other .wav's i've saved for it, no matter format, or program.. audacity, soundforge, samples i've gathered from the internet.. it handles 16-24 bit, all the sample rates.. your program's converted .wavs is the only thing it absolutely won't play, it makes the player bug out even with strange and glitchy noise.. tried it several times, back/forth, tried various samples, same result every time.