H20

I finished a project and am now trying to export it but no matter what I try, the full video will not export. I've tried different file formats, tried sending the file to different locations on my PC as well as on Google Drive. But no matter what, it only exports part of the video. The amount of the video exported is random too, sometimes a minute and a few seconds, sometimes two minutes or more, completely random. I've tried to fix this about 100 times with all different combinations but nothing seems to work, if anyone has any ideas please let me know because this project took a while and I'd hate to lose it. 

(Few things to note: I have plenty of storage space, all the files used in the project are still on my computer, not deleted, and I've exported videos in the past although this did happen before, however last time I just tried again and it worked).

So you succeeded?   What version of VP is being used?

Share the project and someone will check out how it exports for them.  It's not difficult...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

44 minutes ago, borate said:

So you succeeded?   What version of VP is being used?

Share the project and someone will check out how it exports for them.  It's not difficult...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

No, I haven't fixed it. I had this problem with another project but it ended up working with no clear reason why. This time, though, it still hasn't worked. I'm using VideoPad Pro, latest version. I'd rather not share the project but I appreciate the offer. If you have other suggestions of things to try I'd be thankful 

If you share it in a Personal Message, it won't be seen by others and will be deleted after the issue is analysed.  Just click the envelope at the top-right and direct the link to me.

That's the best way to try to replicate - perhaps fix - the issue.

1 hour ago, borate said:

If you share it in a Personal Message, it won't be seen by others and will be deleted after the issue is analysed.  Just click the envelope at the top-right and direct the link to me.

That's the best way to try to replicate - perhaps fix - the issue.

Alright, before that though, it's been recommended to me that I uninstall/reinstall then try again. If I do this will all my data be lost? I'd like to try this first on my own, if my project won't be lost that is

Save the project regularly.  Click the chevron to the right of SAVE on the toolbar and SAVE AS, giving it a unique # or name so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  Or click the 'hamburger' menu at the upper-left, click FILE and SAVE PROJECT AS.  And, of course, don't move or delete any source files.

As an experiment you might want to test this slightly older version.  It may not be able to be registered but export should still work - at least as an AVI at default settings.  Some effects made with newer versions may not render.

You can always reinstall your paid version and re-register with your code, if need be.  Upgrades from the time of purchase are free for six-months.

24 minutes ago, borate said:

Save the project regularly.  Click the chevron to the right of SAVE on the toolbar and SAVE AS, giving it a unique # or name so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  Or click the 'hamburger' menu at the upper-left, click FILE and SAVE PROJECT AS.  And, of course, don't move or delete any source files.

As an experiment you might want to test this slightly older version.  It may not be able to be registered but export should still work - at least as an AVI at default settings.  Some effects made with newer versions may not render.

You can always reinstall your paid version and re-register with your code, if need be.  Upgrades from the time of purchase are free for six-months.

Thanks! Uninstalling worked so your tip on being able to save projects even with the program is deleted was very helpful, appreciate all your advice!