VideoPad - Replacing a single word in the audio

Octopus

Hi,

I am using VideoPad .

Could any one explain please how to replace a single word in the audio of a video clip?

The word wasn't pronounced properly and i need to replace it with a new recording, only this specific word, whenever it appears in the audio of the video.

It is hard to cut the edges as it is very tiny, its a word inside a sentence.

Thank you.

It might be easier and better sounding to insert a sentence.  But sentence or word, the procedure is the same.  First, load the new word or sentence into the bin.

1.  Right-click on the clip in the sequence that's to be changed and UNlink

2.  Right-click the blank area to the left of the video track on the sequence and LOCK TRACK  (If there are additional video tracks, lock them as well)

3.  Position the cursor (the red line) at the start of the word or sentence to be replaced.

Right-click the very top of the cursor (looks like a downward arrow) and SPLIT ALL TRACKS

Do the same for the end of the word or sentence

4.  Click the audio clip that was just created by those splits and press the <del> key on the keyboard to create a gap (or right-click | DELETE)

5.  Reposition the cursor at the start of the gap  (The ||<  and  >||  buttons below the preview window can help to do this accurately)

6.  Click the audio tab above the bin, right-click the new audio clip and OVERLAY ON SEQUENCE AT CURSOR

This will place the new audio on its own track, below the gap, so as to not disturb synchronization

Play

If the word doesn't fit, re-record it and try again, as above, until it does

If you make a mistake along the way, press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack

Thank you, however there is a problem with step 4 (delete the audio track containing the word). It is too small to click and to delete. When i hoover the cursor over the audio clip just created it changes to left or right brackets like: [ So i cant really select the word, it is too small.

Hi

Here's an alternative way...

1. Re-record the whole sentence.
  2. Listen to the sequence and stop the red cursor at the start of the incorrect word.
  3. Under the Sequence preview window you will see a Split button with scissors. Click the down arrow to the right of this.
  4. Select Audio Tracks from the list and split the track that contains the faulty word.(Or the whole sentence)
  5. Move the red cursor to end of the word/sentence and Split the audio track again. This isolates your faulty word/sentence.
  6. Right click the faulty word section and then select Mute. from the list A small red crossed speaker will show the section muted
  7. Drag the newly recorded sentence to the track below the silent bit.
  8. Play the sequence and adjust the position of the lower recorded clip until the word or sentence  in question is correctly positioned under the silent section.
  9. Now move the cursor to the splits you made (use the jump to next/previous clip edge button under the sequence preview screen) and split the lower track at the start and end positions of you inserted word/sentence.
  10. Delete the start and end sections from your  recorded sentence. This leaves your new word under the muted bad word.

You don't lose any of the original track in this method.

Nat

When i hoover the cursor over the audio clip just created it changes to left or right brackets like: [ So i cant really select the word, it is too small.

Expand the track with the slider at the bottom right.  That will stretch the clip.   image.png