Video Export is Slow

Sherif Soliman

Do we have a way to expedite the exporting process for an edited video to be quick as possible and I will give an example below,

My System:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 @ 2.60GHz
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    32.0GB
Motherboard
    CFL Covini_CFS (U3E1)
Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@144Hz)
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
    Drive C - 1907GB INTEL SSDPEKNW020T8 (RAID (SSD))
    Drive D - 238GB NVMe HFM256GDJTNG-831 (RAID (SSD))

and Exporting a Movie with 1920 x 1080 HD - with 60Fps for a video time length of 10 minutes approximate would take around 20 minutes to 30 minutes...

My Question is..... is there a faster way to make it done? with same quality?

Note: My recordings is for an Engineering Videos and I need the Output to be smooth as it should because each second count on the business I do.

Thanks,

HI

".... My Question is..... is there a faster way to make it done? with same quality? ....."

I think the answer is basically No (or at least Not a lot) . Rendering is inherently a labour intensive exercise for yor system and is dependent of several factors.

• Speed of your system
  • Complexity of your project
  • Format of the output.

I think the last item will have the most effect on rendering time...

As an example I exported what may be the simplest form of a project...A Single..timeline track  of a 1280 x 720 Image  with a 10 minute duration. There was no audio.

The specs of the System...

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500@ 2.2GHz, 2.0 GB RAM
NVIDEA GeForce GT 730.   So nothing dramatic.

Exported as an mp4 1920 x 1080 at 60fps                 took 43 mins.

Exported as an mp4 1280 x 720 at 60fps                    took 17 mins

Exported as an mp4 1204 x 576 (WS TV) at 60 fps took 10 mins

Exporting as an avi 1024 x 576 (WS TV) at 60 fps   took 12 mins

Clearing the cache of unwanted files might speed things up a little but unless you are prepared to lower the resolution I don't think you will dramatically reduce the export times.

As a further example. The export time for a more typical 10 minute project consisting of 42 variable length mp4 clips of 1280 x 720 with a single  sound track and transitions between each clip plus   start and end titles was......

Exported as an mp4 1920 x 1080 at 60fps  ......     took 2.5 hours

So yours is pretty actually pretty good..:)

Nat

Exporting a Movie with 1920 x 1080 HD - with 60Fps for a video time length of 10 minutes approximate would take around 20 minutes to 30 minutes..

Good analysis by Nat.  Killing other processes/programs during export might also help.

It would be interesting to chart export time here, on a PC similar to yours.  What format - Mp4?   If possible, please share a project.  Takes only minutes and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi

Just confirming Borates finding. (Your latest link had two files + the vpj - Exercise 05 and Exercise 05 modified)

The Save Portable Project As should be used when...

1. You have loaded your project to VP
  2. You have checked it plays correctly in VP with all your edits/transitions/titles that you have used.

Only then should it be Saved as a Portable Project.  The dated recipient folder will then contain a copy the constituent clips as well as a.vpj file which will enable other users to reassemble the work  completely.

Nat

Afraid you're stuck with a lengthy export, unless you can lower the resolution and/or frame rate.

Didn't follow through the entire process but in version 7.53 your export was near the 25% mark in 20 minutes.  So that would be around 16 minutes into the 1:03:38 project.