Wavepad has no Separate Channel Editing button

Dave Rado

According to your web page here, I should have a Separate Channel Editing button below the waveform, near the Show Different Channels Separately button - but I don't. I have a Show Different Channels Separately button, but there is no Separate Channel Editing button. How can I get it to appear? I have a paid for licenced copy of Wavepad Masters Edition v6.38.

Dave

I'm surprised no one has yet answered my above question as I have now managed to find the answer for myself in another thread, here.  It seems that the Show Different Channels Separately button was only introduced in version 8.42 of WavePad - and as I stated in my original post I had v6.38.

So I have now upgraded to the latest version (9.63), but although I now have a Separate Channel Editing button, I can't seen any way to copy the waveform from one channel to the other, which was my only reason for wanting to have Separate Channel Editing functionality.

I have somehow made a recording which has recorded on one channel only - maybe my microphone wasn't fully plugged in when I made the recording, I don't know. But apart from the fact that it has only recorded on one channel , it's a good recording, and very important to me, so I urgently need to copy the waveform from one channel to the other, so that the sound will play out of both speakers and not just out of one. Surely this must be possible? But I can't see any way to do it. Please could someone help urgently.

Thanks

Dave

UPDATE: I've just seen a post in another thread, which suggested that I convert the file to mono by selecting Edit + Convert Channels + Mono. That worked. (I thought at first that it hadn't but then I discovered that the hi-fi system that I was playing it through is faulty!)

Dave