Soundtap wont record streaming

hatsufi

Just PURCHASED and downloaded SoundTap because i want to be able to record audio streaming.  I launch the url, start the recording, but all i ever get is "waiting for an audio stream to record"  message.  Please help!!! I do not want this software if you can not do this!>  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

The program stops recording when the music pauses to move to another song/recording. How can one keep recording a playlist, without attending the console to restart after each song?
Unless it can be made to continuously record until instructed on the control panel only one song can be recorded and the software loses its appeal.

Check the information changing the audio stream for the recording remember that  SoundTap complies with Microsoft's DRM signed driver model and will not record streams if a DRM player is used and if the stream is marked as DRM copy-protected. Play first the audio stream and then open the program, the sound bar would be showing sound levels, then just clcik on Record. 

For the stop, if you have a silence gap the program would stop automatically, so you would need to start over again the recording.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My previous laptop, a dinky little i5 used this program quite well, but now I've installed it on my newer i7 (both Windows 10 systems) which has dedicated video and here just get the "Waiting for the audio stream to record" message and nothing more. The sound level bar never shows any indication, even from the basic windows noises (which it does for the other). Are there any settings where I can select the device which the program monitors? (the CPU has an onboard GPU which decodes most on-line videos and content, but games and some content go through the NVIDIA.

• 6 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 5:21 PM, Norman Doty said:

My previous laptop, a dinky little i5 used this program quite well, but now I've installed it on my newer i7 (both Windows 10 systems) which has dedicated video and here just get the "Waiting for the audio stream to record" message and nothing more. The sound level bar never shows any indication, even from the basic windows noises (which it does for the other). Are there any settings where I can select the device which the program monitors? (the CPU has an onboard GPU which decodes most on-line videos and content, but games and some content go through the NVIDIA.

I had the same issue as have many. You can try my workaround. Before you record on your laptop make a bluetooth connection to a bluetooth speaker. Now try recording you may see " Soundtap is receiving an audio stream". 

• 6 months later...

I am having this same issue.  It worked fine on my laptop i had before updating to a new laptop.  Now it doesn't record or show the equlizer bar color movements with all the same settings as i had on laptop i used yesterday and not today with same version ...it's a dud.  I REALLY don't want to use the workaround of issue with a bluetooth speaker. Very annoying.  PLEASE FIX

• 11 months later...

And it's not going to be fixed either. Have tried for months to get NCH to fix the problem but they won't. Don't waste your time continuing to ask for help from NCH just download Audacity for free and not only should it work but it has so much more that you can accomplish.

• 5 months later...

For Windows 10 and Windows 11, some of the components/drivers of SoundTap are not installed properly due to Diver Signature Verification. If installing the software as Admin does not work, you may follow these steps to disable Driver Signature Verification:

1. Go to Start > Settings on the bottom of left.
2. Enter Update & Security section, select Recovery on the left side bar. Click on Restart now option under Advanced startup.
3. Click on Troubleshoot on the Choose an option screen that appears.
4. Click the Advanced options.
5. Select Startup Settings.
6. Hit the button of Restart to go further into the Startup Settings screen.
7. Type the number key “7” or functions key “F7” to activate the Disable driver signature enforcement option. Then your computer will be rebooted.

**Your PC will boot with driver signature enforcement disabled and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers/components

Reinstall the software.

***The next time you restart your computer, driver signature enforcement will be disabled—unless you go through this menu again.

• 11 months later...

if your computer is using a realtek audio device then these can be troublesome due to recent security applied on newer realtek audio drivers.

one way around this is to try to use older versions of the drivers or generic drivers from microsoft but this is fidly and not really a long term solution.

I have recently found a solution to getting soundtap to work correctly on my asus rog that has realtek drivers, it also worked on my dell 7373 inspiron laptop so it has fixed the issue on two machines so far, does not mean it will work on all but please try this.

obviously make sure soundtap has been installed and registered, 

then try this

open youtube and play a long video, we dont want it stopping while we are trying this fix, this will ensure there is audio being played at all times

now open soundtap , if there is no audio being seen 

try this , go to the start menu on windows and right click and choose run

now paste this into the run box

rundll32.exe Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL Mmsys.cpl,,1

press enter

the above will open a sound window which will be focused on the recording options, dont change anything just drag the window to the side and continue working

Edited by mediajf
spelling