MP4 file not loading correctly

Jfer

Hi All,

I have just started using VideoPad. I have a long mp4 file that I have split and exported as separate mp4 files using VideoPad. The individual files play fine in other software, but when I open them into VideoPad the files appear corrupted and do not play. I can't do anything with them. My aim was to take some of the individual files and rejoin them in a new sequence and then re-export either to a CD or new digital file. I am using the free non commercial version.  I am not sure if I have done anything wrong during export to explain why VideoPad is now not  recognising the new files.  Has anyone had a similar experience and or can suggest a solution?          

Regards Jenny

Edited by Jfer
Update Tags

Have seen no other reports of this.  What were the export settings for the files - frame rate, resolution and codecs?

Upload one or two to a free server, make them public (share) and post a link to them here.  Someone will take a look.

If they contain sensitive material, send the link in a personal message to me by clicking the envelope at the top-right of this forum.

Borate

Here is a link to my file https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9093623da6caf91c057e38da3ba698c220191118061643/71b1f4a25bed9eec8841e6b667de81e620191118061643/d71f96

It will be available for download for a week from 18/11/2019.

I left export settings the same as default and entered an Export name.

Preset = Custom

File Format = .mp4

Resolution = Auto Match Content (788x576)

Widescreen Fit = Letterbox

Frame Rate = Variable (Smart Max 45fps)

Subtitle = Overlay

Does that cover it?

I should have thanked you for your quick reply.

Yes I can get it to play in VLC but it freezes on the first frame in VP. Yes its an old recording. A copy of my fathers 8mm film. It would be over 50 years old. I took a segment of the original file (a digitise copy of the earlier recording) and exported it as a separate mp4 file. 

Looks fine here in v7.39, just as it did for Nat.  What version of VP is being used?

Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Here's a re-export of the file.  Right-click and SAVE.  Then see how it plays in VP.

I am using version 7.39 (as the free version. I saved your version of my file and it works fine. The file I placed in We Transfer shill does not work. It has me perplexed why the file works fine in all other video software but not VP.