Videopad V7.39 can'T export video???

sandman88

Banging my head on the wall here. About 13 years ago I did a lot of Video for weddings. Back then using MiniDV and editing in a licensed copy of Premiere Pro. So I was looking for a basic program to edit family projects now that technology has gone away from tapes. So I tried, liked it, then purchased Videopad. However, after many hours of troubleshooting and reading many others online having the SAME problem, I may be canceling my subscription to Videopad.

In a nutshell ive been wasting my time on something that should be simple. I can't export video. It crashes each and every time at 2.5%. regardless of settings at export, tried them all.  Im running windows 10 on a fairly new PC. I know its NOT my hardware. How I know this? Simply because after I updated my video Codecs I was able to EXPORT my video in Videopad. Just once! Next day.....im back to not being able to??

Ive done all trouble shooting steps

-latest version CHECK

-clear cashe CHECK

-export different settings (default,mpeg etc....) CHECK

I am able to EXPORT one way and one way only......it WILL make a DVD image of the timeline each and everytime no problem. Great if that's what I was after.

Any advice would be great

thanks

What are your PC's specs:  CPU, GPU, free space on C:\, RAM?   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

That, of course, is not normal, and seldom reported, though cases do crop up occasionally.  You might also try a clean uninstall/reinstall using this free tool.

Share a project that won't export and someone will check it out.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

@sandman88: I'm using videopad for more than 7 years and from time to time (rare!) I also have this problem. Usually the reason is some fx I added to the clips (or speed change). To find out what it is, I recommend you to split your video into several small sequences (just copy & paste the clips to new sequences). After that, export one sequence after another (menu -> file ->  export all sequences) to see, what causes the crash - in your case you already know, the problem must be at the beginning (~2,5%) of your video.

When you have pinpointed the root, try to change the clip or the fx, maybe you can get it to work, and please report it here, maybe it's a bug in videopad. 

I have the same problem not first time. When after editing I start lossless export very often export stop at some split point (where was cut some part video) and take error. Using ver 6.32 (last russian) or 7.39 (en) - same problem both. Error something like "your file can't be export". But if I add some picture or text on this split - export can continue to next split. Also sometimes help additional cutting little parts near this split. Anyway its torture while video will export...

By the way, esealy define where export stop (which second) - open export file (part of it) in videoplayer. VLC for example.

I use windows 7 64 bit, videopad cache try clearing too, unistall/reinstall - nothing help.

So maybe someone know good solution - I will very appreciative.

28580156_s.jpg

upd: trying export at other pc with windows 7 32 bit - same result. 

Edited by primh
upd:

Thanks for result - downloaded it! Didn't know about such requirements, VP doesn't  notify about it when starting export.

I'm not sure,but it seems to me that problems sometimes happens and with correct codec. Will try further...

Thanks one more time!

I'm having the same problem. I have version 7.39 (free version) and am also running Windows 10 on a new computer. I have been using VideoPad for over a year and a half with no problems until now. When I try to export a video, it says "processing sound clips" which I have never seen it do before. It stays stuck on this literally all night. I have done everything sandman88 did trying to troubleshoot. The only thing I have done different in this video that I haven't done before is use the camera stabilization for the opening sequence. I wouldn't think that would stop exporting, or would it?

58 minutes ago, borate said:

To pin this down to a VP problem, or something on your PC, please share the project.  It's easy, and can be done privately if the material is sensitive.  Follow the steps here...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

It does the same thing. It stays stuck on processing sound clips and won't export it.

As suggested, share the project and someone will take a look.  We need the PORTABLE project files, not the export.  Follow the steps in the above link.

If you haven't already done so, save the project.  Close VP.  Restart VP and click OPTIONS|DISK.  Click the Clear Unused Cache Files button.  Reload the project.  Try another export.

11 minutes ago, borate said:

As suggested, share the project and someone will take a look.  We need the PORTABLE project files, not the export.  Follow the steps in the above link.

If you haven't already done so, save the project.  Close VP.  Restart VP and click OPTIONS|DISK.  Click the Clear Unused Cache Files button.  Reload the project.  Try another export.

I closed VP, restarted, cleared the unused cache files and reloaded the project. When I attempt to share the project using portable project files, it gets stuck on processing sound clips exactly the same as it does when trying to export. 

Are you saying that it gets stuck when you click FILE menu|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS?  Did you follow these precise steps?

1.  Place the project on the timeline

2.  Click the FILE menu, then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS    The result will be a numbered folder

3.  Upload that folder or all its contents to the server, such as MS OneDrive or Google Drive

4.  Share the uploaded file/s (make them public) and note the link that the server provides

5.  Paste that link into your post here

Then others can see your project just as you do, and try to track this down.

If the project previews correctly, then the SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS should be a single, quick step.  Takes only seconds.

This has nothing to do with exporting;  don't click the EXPORT menu.  Click the FILE menu at the top-left of the window.

How long is the project?

When saving you will be prompted where to save the folder.  The default may be the VIDEO folder.

There is a progress bar, which was never noted earlier because the back up normally takes only seconds.

Click the 'hamburger' menu (three horizontal lines at the top-left of the window, then click FILE, the SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Is that what you are doing?

image.png

On 11/15/2019 at 11:32 PM, Dangerfreak said:

@sandman88: I'm using videopad for more than 7 years and from time to time (rare!) I also have this problem. Usually the reason is some fx I added to the clips (or speed change). To find out what it is, I recommend you to split your video into several small sequences (just copy & paste the clips to new sequences). After that, export one sequence after another (menu -> file ->  export all sequences) to see, what causes the crash - in your case you already know, the problem must be at the beginning (~2,5%) of your video.

When you have pinpointed the root, try to change the clip or the fx, maybe you can get it to work, and please report it here, maybe it's a bug in videopad.

Awesome tip videofreak! I’m now convinced it’s a videopad bug.

heres what I did. Uninstall/reinstall. No dice! So I reopened the project and did your suggestion. As expected it was crashing at export every time at 2.5%. (This was the 16 second mark on the timeline) which happened to be the start of the first transition. I Removed the transition, this time export got by 2.5% no problem! It then went to 8% (the 25 second mark) then crashed. You guessed it. It would crash again at the start of another transition! I Removed it, I could now export again and again it got past the 8% mark. That is, until it hit the next transition then would crash.

so here’s where I’m at....as long as I use ZERO transitions my videos export just fine. The second a transition is in my timeline “any” transition will crash my export??

not sure where that leaves me? It would be nice to be able to transition videos, that’s what makes them look professional 

maybe this helps the software team?

whats the cure for transitions killing exports? 

Thanks for all the knowledgeable replies

7 hours ago, sandman88 said:

Awesome tip videofreak! I’m now convinced it’s a videopad bug...

I think you have same problem as me - your video using not the H264 encoder. As borate wrote - video "does not meet the requirements for lossless export". Exactly such error wrote VP, but unfortunaly  without details about nesessery encoder. And russian version VP wrote just "Failed"...

There's obviously an issue, but it's not likely with Videopad.  Have never come across an inability to Save a Portable Project As.

Assume you checked this out?   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

And did you perform a clean uninstall using the tool linked in my initial post?  Then install the latest VP version.

Verify the hard disk integrity with the chkdsk command.  http://tinyurl.com/y436geqk

primh wrote:  I think you have same problem as me - your video using not the H264 encoder. As borate wrote - video "does not meet the requirements for lossless export". Exactly such error wrote VP, but unfortunately  without details about necessary encoder. And Russian version VP wrote just "Failed"...

While lossless is unavailable for your material, a variety of codecs are, especially when using the AVI container.

H264 is frequently the default.  Select your desired compressor in the export dialog by clicking the Default Quality / Filesize link.  If the selected codec fails, try another.

As mentioned earlier, when exported at 1920x1080 as MKV or mp4 using the H264 encoder, or at 720x480 AVI with the DV encoder, it succeeded here without pause.

5 hours ago, borate said:

There's obviously an issue, but it's not likely with Videopad.  Have never come across an inability to Save a Portable Project As.

Assume you checked this out?   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

And did you perform a clean uninstall using the tool linked in my initial post?  Then install the latest VP version.

Verify the hard disk integrity with the chkdsk command.  http://tinyurl.com/y436geqk

I did the clean uninstall and reinstalled, v7.39 same as before. I did a chkdsk and no problems were found. The computer is maybe 90 days old so there shouldn't have been. No change.