Black Box Won't Go Away

clarkhowell

I'm brand new to Debut. When I try and select an area (or even a full screen) to capture, such as a Youtube video, a rectangular black box appears in the resulting video. It's about 4" wide by 3" tall.

I thought that after I registered the software it would go away.

Clark

Could you confirm you have selected the option to minimize the Debut window when that is covering the area you are recording. To do that you may open Debut, go to Options > Record > Screen capture and thick the box Minimize Debut window when recording if it is covering the recording selection. You can also select the option to disable preview when recording in screen capture.

In case the issue remains, you may want to contact the NCH Software support team for further assistance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I've got the minimize debut window when recording ticked as Chris75 has suggested. I've tried recording in full screen or part screen and still the same outcome. I've also tried normal or fast capture mode and I can't get rid of it and its getting very frustrating now! Any help would be very gratefully received.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem.  It is always in the lower right-hand corner and none of the above recommendations do anything to get rid of it.  If this is in the paid version, it's a showstopper.  for people who are recording their screen capture and need access to the system tray, it's always going to be blacked out along with any real data that needs to be displayed.

Thanks.

This is about the same post above.  I wanted to add some additional information.  The black box also shows when I do a simple screen capture using the camera icon at the bottom of the main window.  I've added the screen capture that I just did.  I hope this is ok on this forum.  People use black box in many ways and I want to show the real problem I'm seeing.  

Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79q22b0bza5zhbx/NCH Debut Black Box.jpg?dl=0

Solved  - As it shows under my name, I am a Novice.  I also use a monitor with my laptop, so the lid is always closed.  Once I opened my laptop, that little black box was filled with my picture coming from the webcam in the lid of my laptop.  Then it was a matter of going to Camera Overlay and unchecking the Enable box.  Black box gone.  As often as I've seen instructional videos with an inset of the presenter speaking while moving their mouse, I didn't attach the concept to that.  That is probably not how I am going to use this software, but so far has done most of the things I wanted it to do.

Best

• 1 month later...

I ALSO HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE BLACK BOX. IT STARTED RIGHT AFTER A WINDOWS 10 N UPDATE.  MY LAPTOP PS ALWAYS OPEN WITH THE SCREEN TUCKED UNDER AND BEHIND THE EXTERNAL MONITOR. AFTER READING THE PRIOR DISCUSSION AND TESTED DEBUT WITH TH HE LAPTOP SCREEN  IN FRONT OF ME. SURE ENOUGH  THE CAMERA WAS ON AND DEBUT HAD MY FACE IN THE VERY SAME PLACE WHERE THE BLACK BOX WAS. WENT INTO WINDOWS SETTINGS AND SET CAMERA SO NO APPS CAN ACCESS IT. PROBLEM SOLVED FOR ME.  OPE THIS HELPS

Edited by Charlie1943
MISSPELLING

• 2 months later...