Wall length when selected

KWS

• 4 months later...

Hi KWS...I asked a similar question relating to DreamPlan as you did...I see you have had little response....were you able to figure it out?....I don't know how to set the default dimensions for walls....I can set the wall height and width prior to drawing a wall but when I want to commence a new wall the dimensions have reverted back to as they were.

Paul.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to DreamPlan so please forgive me if this question is answered somewhere else.

Let's say I want to build a simple rectangular building with one room that has interior dimensions of 20' X 40".    What length do I make each of the four walls?  For example, for the 40' interior length of one of the walls, do I create a wall that is 40' long; if so do I then draw a wall with interior length of 20' and the program will attach the two walls at the corner without disturbing the interior length of either wall?  Or do I take into account the thickness of the walls so that if the walls are to be 1' thick I draw a wall that is 42' long, and at each end of the wall 1' of the 42' length a will be "overlapped" by 1' of the wall to which the first wall is being connected?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.