Clips moving on the timeline when editing!!!

Iwannajacket

Hello

I am having a totally frustrating issue with VideoPad that I think I may have accidentally induced and now cannot for the life of me revert 

So, I completed a long, laborious video I was making, and when I went back to edit/move some clips, all the other clips that were on the same track as it moved (to the left) on the track as if to make up the difference with the "new space" available 

This has basically moved all of my clips from there correct place, to being to early in the video, and has totally thrown everything off sync!

I have seen some people saying hold down shift to "remedy" this problem, and at times, it has appeared to (somewhat) work. However, I swear editing my other videos did not have this problem, so I am wondering, did I accidentally do something that made this video act like this?

I would really appreciate any help in regards to this, as this has totally disrupted my workflow and made me absolutely furious with the software!

Always and regularly SAVE PROJECT AS, giving it a unique name or number.  That way, the save won't overwrite earlier versions, and you can revert if necessary.

Also, if you make a mistake, press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack - step-by-step.  (Same as EDIT|UNDO)  Then try again.

If multiple adjacent clips are selected (highlighted) they will drag together.

To drag an individual clip to the left into a gap, first click in an open area to the right of the sequence, to be certain that only the clip you want to drag will be selected. Then click on that clip, hold down <shift> and drag left.  The other clips to the right should not be affected and a new gap should appear after the clip you dragged.

To drag clips to the right and not have them snap back, first select ALL clips that are to the right of the one you are dragging, click that left-most clip, hold down <shift> and drag right.  All the following clips should move right and leave a gap.

Using DELETE (ripple) will automatically snap clips to the left, with no gap.