Rendered video stuttering

Ger3er

Hi,

my edited video plays back smoothly in preview, but the rendered video is stuttering. It stops for a sec every 5 or so seconds.

I'm using VideoPad for years now, version 3.61 Professional; still on the same PC configuration, no problems so far.
What could it be?

Tough to say without seeing your project.  That's a very old version of Videopad.

Please share your project, so someone can check it out.  Here's how...
http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply Save Project.
If the material is sensitive, send me the link in a personal message.  Click the envelope above.

Yes, that's a bit much.  Perhaps you can upload a small chunk of the project that displays the issue, by splitting out and deleting the balance.  Save the project first, of course.

Then FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, upload and share the link here.

You might also break the project into several parts, to be later combined.  Lower res is worth testing as well.  What are your PC's specs?  What program/app is being used to view the exported result?

But first, test the full project in a more recent version.  Retain your original installer, which is usually saved in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Thank you very much, borate.

I'll upload a small part of de rendered video, soon (have to do some work 😉)

BTW: the professional version doesn't exist anymore. Can I upgrade to a newer Home version? I don't need more than 2 audio tracks. Besides: the master's version is a bit expensive.

Bye

There may be naming ambiguity as the version being used here (not subscription) is still titled "Professional."

Try the latest 'free' or 'lite' version, where certain features won't be available after a trial period.  You may not need them.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/vpsetup.exe

Analyzing the stuttering will be possible only if it's evident in your upload.  Remember to use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply Save Project.

Hi borate,

Problem solved, thanks. I did the following:

- made space on my internal SSD (for better caching)

- shut down internet, shut down antivirus

- used another USB drive and attached it to another port

Export went okay this time.

May I ask you another question?

The exported 30 min. video has a file size now of 34 GB.

My input files are from a Sony cam .MTS and some YouTube mp4 files, I added some music as well.

The original mts clips all together are 5,6 GB. How can the file size grow to 34 GB?

I used the VP file settings of 1080p into mp4.

How can I compress the file size without too much loss of quality?

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Hi borate,

No special effects, only about 10 transitions.

I will try the default export settings (it's only a pity that rendering will take about 3 to 4 hours again, although I have an Intel i7 8GB RAM).

Maybe my graphics card is too slow? Intel HD graphics family, on motherboard card, 1 GB?

Yes, test settings other than "default" to see if a lower quality output is acceptable. 

Instead of exporting the entire project, you might split out a small portion, click <ctrl-C> to copy it, open a new blank sequence, then click <ctrl-V> to paste.

Now export THAT sequence at various export settings to assess the end result.