Pan and zoom function with photo working erratically in spurts

kristiansen

Ran a portion of your 7.02 output through 7.25 Pan and Zoom once again.  Resolution is down, but the jerkiness isn't evident.

Tests with other images - of various resolutions and aspects - showed what may be very subtle differences between 7.25 and 7.02.  Hard to tell.

What are your PC's specs?

Hi

I can see the "jerks" in your UT clip. But have they originated from VP?

I have tested a 1920 x 1080 jpg image here with VP 7.25 both as a 10 seconds clip and then a 20 second clip.

Previewing the result of both tests, Pan and Zoom from one area to another in preview showed no jerkiness  and exporting each as an mp4 H264 1920 x 1080 clip (45 fps) at HQ showed a perfectly smooth pan and zoom (played in VLC)

I then repeated these tests with just a big zoom into the image centre. (As big as it would go.) using the same export settings.

Played in VLC there was a perfectly smooth zoom into the image centre  for 10 (and 20) seconds with no sign of any jerks or stoppages.

Was this defect seen in preview or only in the exported clip.

I'm just running the same test with an 15 second 1280 x 720 mp4 clip with sound zoomed in at 16:9 to the centre (maximum zoom)........

My slow Vista PC did not manage to develop the green bar although I left it for some time and preview was interrupted repeatedly by "Generating Preview" messages, nevertheless I exported the timeline as above..

Again this was a perfectly smooth zoom with no trace of jerkiness.

Perhaps it originates within the export to Utube (if it's not seen in VP or an export to your PC)

Nat

4 hours ago, borate said:

Tests here showed what may be very subtle differences between 7.25 and 7.02.

Ran a portion of your 7.02 output through 7.25 Pan and Zoom once again.  Resolution is down, but the jerkiness isn't evident.

What are your PC's specs?

My specs: Intel corei5-7300HQ CPU 2.50GHz 8.0GB RAM 

I agree that it looks good enough here, but I don't think the resolution is adequate.
The problem was created on my PC with version 7.25.
But everything is ok with version 7.02, with the same project file.
It seemed like uploading to youtube also went faster with 7.02.
Is the photo resolution lower by 7.02?
I use a full jpg photo approx. 10Mbyte

The above test was just a screen grab.  Upload a few of your source photos and link them here.  Someone will check them out with P&Z.

Did you create the effect in 7.25 ... or simply load a project that had been made in 7.02?  If that was the case, try recreating the effect in 7.25.

Exported your project at the default settings, which took some time to create a nearly 1GB Mp4 file.

Looked about as good as expected, and nothing like your demo above.  Some jerkiness on the video, but that's seems more attributable to camera shake than VP P&Z.

Have you tried viewing the project in another player, like MPC-HC?

• 4 months later...