Audio Clicks on DVD Recording at Beginning

Alp

I have been trying to eliminate audio clicks at the very beginning of the DVD recording.  It occurs right at the beginning for less than one second.   The clicks are not on MP4 files that I save to my computer.  The computer copies are exact copies of what is burned to the DVD.  I have been able to change the clicks to make it less annoying, but have not been able to eliminate them.  I was adjusting both video and audio rates on the DVD when burning a disk.  I know it is a VIDEO PAD software issue because this problem did not occur on a different program from a different company.

Hi

I just checked this out with a DVD  export containing just an image and a menu and Yes.... The disc playback had a faint series of clicks at the start. (Although the menu refused to play the disc)

I extracted the VTS_01_1.VOB file and played this alone in VLC. There were obvious audible rapid "chugs" at the start of what should have been a silent clip. The result was the same if I exported an iso  image of the project and extracted the VOB file in which case the noise was louder..

I checked this was actually on the clip by loading the VTS_01_1.VOB file back into VP........

aa.jpg

Half a dozen quite loud audible "chugs" are present at the start of the "silent" audio track.

I have no idea why this is. Worth confirming this as a ?bug  before notifying NCH

Later... after more testing...

Repeated this test with a single image and no menu and the DVD-RW  played OK and the VOB file played OK without "clicks" showing in VP.

In the next test I created a simple menu with one button. The final burn to DVD-RW did not respond to the button which appeared on the menu screen and play the disc so, I again played the VIDEO_TS / VTS _1_1.VOB file from the DVD  in VLC.   The "chugs" were back.  They would seem therefore to be associated with the menu. I think there may be a bug somewhere here. Wants checking.

Nat

Unable to duplicate your results on a still image, Nat.

Loaded a :10 slide into VP 7.25 and exported as a DVD - first with a menu.  Tested different still, this time with no menu.

Listened to both the DVD playback and the VTS_01_1.VOB in HPC-HC media player.   Totally silent.

However, when an Mp4 whose audio had been removed was burned with menu to a Movie ISO, six distinct blips were heard at the head.

2 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi Borate

"However, when an Mp4 whose audio had been removed was burned with menu to a Movie ISO, six distinct blips were heard at the head."

I think this must be the same thing. (or something similar.) Might it be what Alp is hearing?

Nat

Yes, I think you duplicated the error/bug.  It is a short series of clicks at the beginning of a DVD with a menu.  Thank you.

HI

Further to this this problem.

VP 7.25 does not appear to generate a working menu for a DVD Movie Disc. I created (several times on a DVD-RW) a project with a one button menu and a single mp4 clip with sound.

In WMP the menu screen appears but the button is not active. Opening any of the VLC compatible Video files in VIDEO_TS showed a series of flashing screens before the video proper appeared. Playing the  VTS_01_1_1.VOB (main video) produced the rapid clicks at the start.

Repeating with just the clip and no menu, the DVD disc played with no problem.

Went back to VP 7.10    and repeated this test.....the DVD crashed WMCentre and left a black screen. NO menu and no video! Ctrl+Alt+delete did not work and had to remove the disc and close it manually  Checking (exploring) the  the DVD content...

aa.jpg

The vob files displayed differently to those generated with VP 7.25, but again, the main clip VOB  (file 3436-2788-6.vob) played in VLC flashing at the start several times and then the audio clicked rapidly like the DVD clips generated with VP 7.25. So a bigger fault with this older version it seems-_-...At least with 7.25 I got to see the menu window .... even if the button didn't work!

Nat