Song tracks appear in reverse order

d mcginn

To keep tracks in order I would highly recommend making sure that each track name begins with a 2-digit number, and numbers less than ten should be labeled 01. (title), 02. (title) etc.

Although it can be a bit tedious, if your tracks do  not appear in the burn window in the order you wish, you can manually select and drag them to a new position in the list.

• 2 months later...

I already have most of my files named 01 NNN, 02 NNN, 03 NNN, etc. but if I grab them all from a folder and drop them into the tracklist, they appear in reverse, 'ascending' order.
This happens every time so there must be something currently written into in the program to make it do so... can this not be simply re-engineered to go in the correct, 'descending' order? Seems a no-brainer to me.
Here's hoping - because dragging all those files into the right order is a, errr, drag :P

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I found an easy way to correct 'reverse order'. 

1. Click 'Data' to load song tracks as if they were data. They load really quickly in correct order

2. Click 'Audio' to transfer tracks. They stay in correct order.

3. Click 'Burn' and bingo, they burn and play beautifully.

4. Do this each time!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 7:15 AM, dkilp said:

I found an easy way to correct 'reverse order'. 

1. Click 'Data' to load song tracks as if they were data. They load really quickly in correct order

2. Click 'Audio' to transfer tracks. They stay in correct order.

3. Click 'Burn' and bingo, they burn and play beautifully.

4. Do this each time!

We appreciate the feedback on this. NCH Software is always interested in improving our existing programs and developing new programs. If you have an idea you'd like to share with us, please submit your suggestion here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/