Rearrange Video Sequence

Ronw7341

I'm a new user of Video Pad 2018.  Love the software so far.  I know how to delete unwanted video, but CANNOT figure out how to cut out a section of the video and place it into another location on the timeline to make the story flow more clearly.  I've used the two youtube videos below to try to help me, but I, nor any of my family members are able to make this work.  What I want done seems fairly straight forward.  I know we must be doing something wrong but cannot figure out what.  Please don't just refer me back to the videos below, NCH technical support took me there and I still can't get it to work.  Please help if you can with some step by step directions if possible.  Thank you very much.  Ron

How to Trim Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npLB0leypn80

How to Split Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0uQBZnUrsQ0

There are a number of ways to accomplish this.  Here's one.

Move the scrubber (red line) to where the section to be cut out will begin and click the SPLIT scissors.

Move the scrubber to where the section to be cut out will END and SPLIT.  This creates a new clip.  (If the clip already exists there's no need to split.)

Position the scrubber within this clip, right-click and COPY.

Right-click within the clip and DELETE (ripple)

Move the scrubber the where you want the clip to be inserted, right-click on any thumbnail and PASTE (insert).

If the clip's audio is not linked to the video, first click the lock icon at the left of the track, so audio isn't disturbed.

Hi

Just imagine you have a length of cine film on the timeline and you are using scissors.

• Move the cursor line to the start of the section you want to move
  • Split the track (use the scissors)
  • Move the cursor line to the end of the section you want to move.
  • Split the track (Use the scissors)
  • Move the cursor line to the position where you want to insert your cut out section
  • Grab the cut out bit with the mouse and drag it to the cursor....it should snap onto it when close.
  • Release the clip. The timeline will automatically restore with your cutout section in its new position. (No film cement required!)

Before making these adjustments it's a good idea to always Save your project as. If the result is not to your liking, you can always reload it. (During editing you can also step back using the undo/redo arrows on the top toolbar.

Nat