Can't burn!

wibni

I can't burn on a Windows XP Prof machine.

If I try to burn something or create an image the windows dialog pops up:

"burn.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close"

A look in the event viewer shows me the following:

Faulting application burn.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module burn.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001dc3a.

I'm using an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B drive. I reckon it doesn't support the drive cause it's also failing when I try to select a burner.

Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

Faulting application burn.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module burn.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001dc3a.

I'm using an LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B drive. I reckon it doesn't support the drive cause it's also failing when I try to select a burner.

Any ideas?

First attempt: Using Windows Millenium version when I dragged a folder from my hard drive C on Express Burn screen, it showed the folder AND its contents. But when I clicked "BURN"a message appeared "Express Burn has crashed because of an abnormal exception" and then the computer shut down!

Different attempt: Dragged the folder from C drive on to CD drive (D). A message appeared: "Unable to create the folder (name). Access is denied" so couldn't burn!

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Can't burn either!

First attempt: Using Windows Millenium version when I dragged a folder from my hard drive C on Express Burn screen, it showed the folder AND its contents. But when I clicked "BURN"a message appeared "Express Burn has crashed because of an abnormal exception" and then the computer shut down!

Different attempt: Dragged the folder from C drive on to CD drive (D). A message appeared: "Unable to create the folder (name). Access is denied" so couldn't burn!

Any ideas?