General Journal Entries are not posting to the Income Statement but to the Chart Of Accounts

Cactyys Totem

Why when i make Journal Entries manually it doesn't post to the Income statement, but when I look at the Chart of Accounts the balances are reflected correctly from the Journal Entries?  What am I doing wrong.  

All I have done is set up chart of accounts with 100% accounts I use for my business with the old balances from my old accounting system and then started making Journal Entries.  Was their a process or step I've missed that I should have done.  

In this case If you are making changes to journal entries, the changes might not refresh as they should. If you find your accounts are not balancing, try recalculating the balances in Express Accounts to see if it helps. To do this, click the Transactions menu option in the main window and select Recalculate Customers' Balances. Express Accounts will run a recalculation automatically.In this case If you are making changes to journal entries, the changes might not refresh as they should. If you find your accounts are not balancing, try recalculating the balances in Express Accounts to see if it helps. To do this, click the Transactions menu option in the main window and select Recalculate Customers' Balances. Express Accounts will run a recalculation automatically.