Can we PLEASE get rid of the Widescreen Fit: Letterbox/Crop and Zoom feature?

SuperMarioT

I swear I've been using this software for the longest time since almost 4 years ago and ever since I downloaded the latest version being VideoPad 7.11, exporting videos has been a complete and utter frustration because of this unnecessary and buggy feature. 

I'm making a video with a video & picture overlay and no matter what resolution & framerate combo, the video constantly zooms in with one of the text elements being expanded despite always staying cropped and adding black bars. I've tried Auto match content but fixes to 16:9, auto match content to a given resolution, 1920 x 1080, etc. with both letterbox and crop and zoom options chosen and every f**king time, it's the same result, either being that cropped mess I was talking about, or vertically cropped as if you were watching it on a phone. I just want to export videos the same way I used to: regular widescreen, 1920 x 1080 at 60 frames w/ no glitched zooms and black borders. 

Honest question: was ANYONE asking for this feature? Because VP was perfectly fine for me minus the slow loads and outdated features until this annoying ass "necessity" was added. This just complicates exporting the video and because of it, I can't get this video to export normally like I always have no matter what options I choose. If there's an certain setup of resolution options or other options I'm missing, please enlighten tf out of me (I'm trying to put widescreen photos and pictures, 2 text elements cropped and scaled down, in the same widescreen format by 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps) because otherwise this feature shouldnt be there. I'm not the only one suffering from bug issues with this thing; there's a bug forum talking about this feature too. Why this feature was added is making me pull my hair out.

Hi

It's confusing.

As far as I can see this feature becomes active in the export dialogue if you select an export resolution (AR) that differs from the AR of your project. Then gives you the choice of either shrinking the frame down to fit (letterbox) or cropping to the selected values and zooming to fit.

If all your clips are 16:9 then for all 16:9 export resolution values the option is inactive. If you try to export at a none 16:9 export AR then the option becomes active.

What I do find confusing however is if, for example I zoom into a clip that is not 16:9 and set the zoom at 16:9 or crop to 16:9 and then export the clip at a 16:9 resolution the option remains active. I not sure why this happens. Using automatch here chops the image up.

e,g, Here is an image placed on the timeline  ..............

aa.jpg

The next step was to crop it to a 16:9 AR.....

bb.jpg

So far so good.  Exporting this with a 16:9 resolution is OK......... the letterbox option is active however and the output is letterboxed ..nevertheless the export  is WYSIWYG..........

ccc.jpg

If the export AR is Automatch content and force 16:9 the result is the same as above 

BUT if just Auto match content is used that is where it becomes confusing........

dd.jpg

This is the letterboxed version. I can see that the original format is present but the cropped area is not exact.

Choosing the Crop and zoom option,,,(you have to use one of them in this scenario if you use auto match 16:9) gives this...........

ee.jpg

This even more confusing.:o but if I think hard I can see what is happening. However it's not exactly what I originally had in mind. The export will have the letterbox feature active in this scenario. Why..the preview is 16:9 the image (cropped) is 16:9 and I would have expected a 16:9 export just like the preview. Letterbox is not exact as there is still a narrow border. Trying to force 16:9 using automatch has the same  result but without forcing that AR it's not good...

I think this is where users are confused..(I know I am) WYS IS not WYG.  This is with a single image on the timeline; there may also be some confusing output if the timeline clips are all different AR as then the AR isn't the same for all clips and the permutations become a bit complex. I think I can see where NCH are coming from but its not intuitive.  :wacko:

Nat

6 hours ago, SuperMarioT said:

I swear I've been using this software for the longest time since almost 4 years ago and ever since I downloaded the latest version being VideoPad 7.11, exporting videos has been a complete and utter frustration because of this unnecessary and buggy feature. 

I'm making a video with a video & picture overlay and no matter what resolution & framerate combo, the video constantly zooms in with one of the text elements being expanded despite always staying cropped and adding black bars. I've tried Auto match content but fixes to 16:9, auto match content to a given resolution, 1920 x 1080, etc. with both letterbox and crop and zoom options chosen and every f**king time, it's the same result, either being that cropped mess I was talking about, or vertically cropped as if you were watching it on a phone. I just want to export videos the same way I used to: regular widescreen, 1920 x 1080 at 60 frames w/ no glitched zooms and black borders. 

Honest question: was ANYONE asking for this feature? Because VP was perfectly fine for me minus the slow loads and outdated features until this annoying ass "necessity" was added. This just complicates exporting the video and because of it, I can't get this video to export normally like I always have no matter what options I choose. If there's an certain setup of resolution options or other options I'm missing, please enlighten tf out of me (I'm trying to put widescreen photos and pictures, 2 text elements cropped and scaled down, in the same widescreen format by 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps) because otherwise this feature shouldnt be there. I'm not the only one suffering from bug issues with this thing; there's a bug forum talking about this feature too. Why this feature was added is making me pull my hair out.

AMEN!