Error picture is shown between clips -Videopad

Avskedsfest

Hi

I have downloaded the latest Videopad version, 7.11 I think

i am getting an error when between two videoclips. I see a short Picture of a previous clip between the two clips. If i add a transition effect it get even worse, the still picture is there during a big part of the transition

i am using videos that have different format, some from my phone, other from a videocamera.

Any idea what could be causing this? 

Can i download an earlier version and try?

Sometimes I have a similar problem and maybe the reason is the same for you. After cutting a lot of scenes it sometimes happens to me, that there is a little rest of a clip (a few milliseconds) I have missed. Because I usually work with the timeline, this little clip is hard to see, I have to zoom in very close to the transition to see it or to switch to the storyboard. Maybe this also happened to you?

Hi

Change to storyboard mode. All clips will now be shown a s equal size thumbnails. Any small or tiny clip will be easily seen  (note the durations) if you find any just click and delete.

earlier versions are here...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

But before reinstalling try the advice given my myself and Dangerfreak.

Nat

4 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Change to storyboard mode. All clips will now be shown a s equal size thumbnails. Any small or tiny clip will be easily seen  (note the durations) if you find any just click and delete.

earlier versions are here...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

But before reinstalling try the advice given my myself and Dangerfreak.

Nat

Hi, and thanks!!!

How do I download the earlier versions? I only see a buttom for the latest version...

Or am I blind?

Hi

When using and older version all actually worked perfect. I don't recomend downloading the latest version....

Thanks for all your help!!!

I will try to download and install 7.03 at home tonight. This was the version that worked ok on my office computer

Hm

I wonder if my computer is broken. I reinstalled an older version of Videopad (7.03). All went ok.

I then copied the folder with all my files, "raw" videofiles, audio files and the .vpj file to my computer. I then tried to open up the .vpj file. It takes forever. the computer gets slow and Videopad is using 75% of the cpu. I get the impression that Videopad is indexing my files... but it just takes forever..

Could it be that my graphics card is about to break?

There's a simple method to port a project.  With it on the timeline, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Save to a USB stick.  On the new PC, insert the USB and open the .vpj file, which will load the project.  Or open Videopad and click on FILE|OPEN PROJECT.  Point to the USB's .vpj file and open it.

You don't mention the PC specs - CPU, GPU, RAM, free drive space - but be aware that video editing is resource intensive.

Empty the Videopad cache prior to importing a new project.  That's done under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  Once cached, the material should load more quickly next time.

Update the video card to the latest driver.   Update Direct-X if necessary.  https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10265.html

If you share the project, once it's fully loaded, someone will check it out.  This is how... http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive info you can link it to me in a personal message (envelope at the top-right of the forum page).

4 hours ago, Avskedsfest said:

Hm

I wonder if my computer is broken. I reinstalled an older version of Videopad (7.03). All went ok.

I then copied the folder with all my files, "raw" videofiles, audio files and the .vpj file to my computer. I then tried to open up the .vpj file. It takes forever. the computer gets slow and Videopad is using 75% of the cpu. I get the impression that Videopad is indexing my files... but it just takes forever..

Could it be that my graphics card is about to break?

The .vpj file contains the complete paths of all media files. If you just copy them to another computer, the file paths must be exactly the same, otherwise loading the .vpj file takes very long. So my guess is, that you saved the files to different paths.

To avoid this problem, follow borate's instructions (file -> save as portable project).

On 5/7/2019 at 11:04 PM, borate said:

There's a simple method to port a project.  With it on the timeline, click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  Save to a USB stick.  On the new PC, insert the USB and open the .vpj file, which will load the project.  Or open Videopad and click on FILE|OPEN PROJECT.  Point to the USB's .vpj file and open it.

You don't mention the PC specs - CPU, GPU, RAM, free drive space - but be aware that video editing is resource intensive.

Empty the Videopad cache prior to importing a new project.  That's done under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  Once cached, the material should load more quickly next time.

Update the video card to the latest driver.   Update Direct-X if necessary.  https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10265.html

If you share the project, once it's fully loaded, someone will check it out.  This is how... http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive info you can link it to me in a personal message (envelope at the top-right of the forum page).

I simply don' get things to work. When I try top open the project the computer freezes. When I close it down it continues to be frozen...

I have uploaded the project here. Great if you want to have a look. LEt me know when you have downloaded (4 gig), I will then remove.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HR4oPb8CAXmYqGKSV0RVgihUAgnXAYPI?usp=sharing

THank you sooo much for helping me out!!! I wonder if my computers graphic card is breaking down...

btw, here is a link to the final video I posted on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhbt900DAU&t=4s

Computer spec. Note that  I never had this issues before I updated my Videopad....

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
      System Manufacturer: LENOVO
             System Model: 90BF0039MT
                     BIOS: IRKT52AUS (type: UEFI)
                Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G  (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
                Page File: 3599MB used, 5819MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GT 730
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1287&SUBSYS_3E561642&REV_A1
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 6077 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2007 MB
       Shared Memory: 4069 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: External
 Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
     Color Primaries: Red(0.650891,0.329602), Green(0.331555,0.622570), Blue(0.151867,0.053234), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)
   Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
        Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
       Monitor Model: G2460
          Monitor Id: AOC0001
         Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
         Output Type: HD15

VP is choking on the MTS files, which appear to have mixed frame rates - if that has a bearing on the issue.

After converting those to mp4 all is rosy.

Please leave your original project on the server for a few days.  The developers may want to check it out.

Borate!

Thank you soo much, you are a star.

Questions

Do I need to inform the developers? Or are you letting them know?

Second question. how did you manage to change the format and still keep me work in videopad? you must have replaced each original videofile with a new one. how did you do this?

Again thank you!

Glad it worked out.  The developers are aware of it.  Give them a few days to fetch the original from the server, should they need to do so.

The MTS files were replaced by the mp4s which, in this case, had a slightly different name.

Thus, when the project was loaded, VP couldn't resolve those files and prompted for manual intervention.

After pointing it to the new files, and deleting those not used in the production (leaving three videos), FILE|SAVE PROJECT updated the vpj control file. 

Hi

The NCH Prism program will convert between file types. Add the files to the list, enter the destination folder and set the output file type. Click the Convert tab. The original names are retained without modification.  . You can automatically download the application from VP if you click chevron top right of the toolbar (depends on your screen resolution)  and then NCH Suite. save your project first but I don't think that the ,vpj file will work with the new file types straight off so you may have to resolve the missing files from the prompt window that comes up.

Nat

2 hours ago, borate said:

Glad it worked out.  The developers are aware of it.  Give them a few days to fetch the original from the server, should they need to do so.

The MTS files were replaced by the mp4s which, in this case, had a slightly different name.

Thus, when the project was loaded, VP couldn't resolve those files and prompted for manual intervention.

After pointing it to the new files, and deleting those not used in the production (leaving three videos), FILE|SAVE PROJECT updated the vpj control file. 

Ok

so how did you do the replacement? Deleted .mts file, added a new file and the VP asked you to relink?

or did you delete the .mts files and then vp reacted and you had to point to a new file?

thanks!!!

As noted,  the new files were swapped in for the old but their names were different.  At load VP thought they were missing and prompted to resolve.

The new files could have been found anywhere.  If the project is saved anew, that's where VP will find them in the future.  It's wise to store all in the same folder.

Again, thank you all for helping out.

I have now tried a new project. This time I only used .MTS files. Nothing got stuck, but the export movie did not look good. THis time I converted files to .mp4, and tried to record the movie again. Still issues. I have a link below. Look at the slow motion, still not working (in the output file called 2019-05-05 Sörskogen vs Täby FC.mp4)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYfuq4-cbK56IzGVc1IYVlvbCzHwBI-v

What am I doing wrong?

I have done several movies before. All using same .MTS files. SHould I try to go back to a version 6?

This is just soo anoying...

Just a guess, but it appears that the source files are the problem.  Upload the original four MTS files please.

In what manner did you convert those files?  (When you reply here, it's not necessary to include all quoted material.)

Hi again

I used a program called "Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate". I have used it before, and it easily convert files between different formats. 

I have posted the original .MTS files in the link below

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aqo5pWaBEfbFabnsWSLSKEvQeFw

I just find it strange that I have used the same format before many times and it has worked out. Now when I am using the latest version I get issues...

Thanks for taking time to help me out!

(BTW, I just tried to use Prism to convert files. Did not work at all. The new mp4 files are not usable. I just added the files and saved as .mp4. It was super quick, but the files did not work. borate, what program do you use to convert into .mp4?)

This mp4 project was unacceptable, as you reported, though the files looked fine in a viewer.

Our experiences hint that various converters/programs don't always play nicely with those MTS files, for reasons not apparent here.

You might check camera documentation/FAQs and the like to see if more welcoming format alternatives options exist.

In the 25fps final linked earlier there was no issue with the slo-mo goalie shot.

Hi Avskedsfest

Your download ...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYfuq4-cbK56IzGVc1IYVlvbCzHwBI-v

worked OK here and (after a time) loaded to VP where here it played correctly. There were 4 x mp4 files but there was something odd here. There were no MTS files in the bin yet selecting any of the clips on the timeline the properties box that comes up stated that they were MTS files...see here...

aa.jpg

Normally this would state that the clips were mp4 clips. It just may be that VP reads the contents of the mp4 container and retains the original file type as identifier.(I shall have to look to see if this is the case but never noticed this before. 

I presume the slo-mo is the CU of the goalie  as the speed is shown as 15%  This is a tiny section taken from 00000.mp4 (or MTS)  made longer by changing the speed.The problem at my end with this is that there is a static image as the transition (Star) passes to that clip. It might be best here to keep the transition very short (about 0.5 seconds) . Lots of jump shots but otherwise it all worked.

(Did yellow win..they seemed to score a lot? :))

Nat