I've been having severe issues with clips loading.  I've cleared out the cache within the software repeatedly, I've also cleared more space on my hard drive, I have an external hard drive attached and I've dumped my recycle bin.  Yet, I cannot add any more clips into my project--one which I've started over multiple times.  A project which consists of 1 MP4 (12 minutes) and 1 sequence.  That's it.  I've tried adding many different clips, they'll initially load, until I put them in the editor then it'll cache green about a quarter of the way through and stop, then disappear.  I created an MP4 of the 2nd clip I keep trying to add which is only 5 minutes long.  My previous project was more than 30 minutes long.  So what is the issue?  I've re-downloaded the clips over and over, I've turned them into MP4's and still I get the same result.  I've been struggling with this; on and off for weeks.  But now, I can't more forward until this is resolved.  I appreciate anyone's rapid response.

Thank you for your help.

So someone can check it out, please upload the project per the instructions here...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Separately, upload the five-minute clip.  Make those links public (share them) and post them here.

If you are not using the latest version, test it.  Save your project first, of course, and save the original installer - especially if your version was licensed/registered.

The latest can only be registered with the code received at purchase if it's been less than six months since that date.  But the newer program will work, as a trial.

...until it's not.  I had a 6 minute MP4 I created, uploaded to dropbox, downloaded it back onto my system and imported back into the VideoPad.  I added an additional 6 minutes of clips.  It seems to export fine, but it fails during upload.  Plus it's loading at .05% at a time; the entire way.   

Thank you.

To where and in what manner are you uploading?

After adding the six minutes to your earlier project you state that "it seems to export fine."  That would result in the mp4 file that could be uploaded to a server, such as MS OneDrive, Google Drive, YouTube, etc. 

If this is a YouTube upload, use THEIR uploader for the exported mp4, not the direct loader in Videopad, and see if that gives better results.

When I initially click on export; the progress box will state, "exporting video." Once the green progress bar completes at 100%, the message says, "export complete" --  the bar immediately clears, a new message appears that states, "preparing to upload."  The green bar starts back at 0 then there's the crawl of only uploading at .05% at a time.  About 80% of the upload is complete before it fails.   I'm using DropBox and I've tried YouTube too. 

Thanks

So, it sounds as if you are attempting a direct upload to DropBox or YouTube from VP.  Instead, export the project as a VIDEO file, mp4.

Then use the DropBox or YouTube uploaders, in lieu of VP.  Does that succeed?  Try uploading the exported mp4 to MS OneDrive or Google Drive.

Again, if you share the project, someone will check it out.  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

I'm following the directions for uploading to the forum.  It's not working.  It either locks up my system, crashes it or I can't locate those folders.  I know exactly which you are referring to; but that's part of the issue.  They are constantly popping up every time I save and back up my files.  I've tried to manually find those--no where to be found.  I come across them accidentally all of the time when I didn't need them.  But now it's like they've disappeared.  I am so enraged with frustration, the top of my skull is about to pop off.  I just put together a :06 second sweeper.  It took 30 minutes to export, using export video--and then it only exported the audio!  Not the video.  What is happening?  Why is it getting slower each project I do?  I clear everything out, the cache--all of it between projects--yet the system is still slower.  

I don't know how to provide you what you're asking for.  That is not working.  Please help me get to the bottom of this.  This is for a pod/videocast network launch party at the end of the month.  I need to help to fix this issue permanently.  Again, I've made several attempts to upload these files to you.  It won't work.  There has to be a different way

As I keep saying--the problem is in exporting.  If I can't get it to export to dropbox or youtube--how do you expect me to do that and send you a link?  That's the entire problem--they won't export, I was able to export to a video file as you suggested--which never worked before--hence me uploading directly to YouTube and Dropbox.   But even still, the system is so unbelievable slow and this time for a :06 second video.  That's it!  It only exports the audio.  not the video too.  Please tell me what the hell is happening?  I'm half out of my mind trying to resolve this.  It's been going on for weeks.  

thank you

I had to go back to uploading to dropbox--the :06 second sweeper wouldn't export to a video file.  But it went straight to Dropbox--which is contradictory to what I've been dealing with the past few weeks.So what is the deal?  Where's the disconnect?  It's like sometimes videopad works smoothly without an issue and I can get my worked blown out; quickly.  But that only lasts like 36 hours; then it starts this whole slow down and errors, and not exporting correctly or failing completely.  It backs up, exports and uploads; at a crawl.  My videos get smaller and shorter and videopad still crashes. I'm actively clearing caches in the software and on my system.  Please help me resolve this.  It's extraordinarily frustration, not to mention a huge waste of my time. 

Here's the link for the :06 second project that wouldn't backup or export to video.  It would only upload straight to dropbox.  

Thanks,

Julie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz9dskp0asn88xm/CannaCuriousSweeper1EFX1.mp4?dl=0

Confusing and frustrating, we know, but hang in there.😣   Video editing is resource intensive:  an under-powered PC + large files = tedium at the least and failure at most.  VP version 7.11, the latest at this writing, is here.

Getting down to basics, what are the PC's specs?  What format are the source files, how large (loosely), and at what resolution?  How much free space do you have on the cache drive?  The path to that drive is listed under OPTIONS|DISK tab|Cache Folder.  Considerable free space is required.

To clarify terminology...   exporting is when a file is created from the content on the timeline.  Often, this would be an mp4 at the suggested defaults, but there are numerous formats and encodings available.  Exported files usually go to the DOWNLOADS folder.  But you can specify the path under Videopad's OPTIONS|EXPORT tab.  Look there for your exports.

Uploading, a separate operation, is when the exported result is sent to a server (the cloud).  While VP has the provision to upload directly to various servers, such as DropBox and YouTube, it's not necessary to use that feature.  Sometimes it is better to simply go to the server site and use their uploader instead.  It will request a file location.  Find your exported file and double-click on it.

To share a project so that others can analyze and troubleshoot it, follow these steps...

1. Load the project onto the timeline.  Don't export it.

2. Click FILE|SAVE AS PORTABLE PROJECT.  That will save all the project files + the vpj control file to a folder that can be copied to a USB (for use on another PC) or uploaded.  When the SAVE box comes up, specify where you want it saved.  Again DOWNLOADS is a good choice.  The result will look something like this:  2019-05-09 15-13-50.

3. Upload that folder to DropBox or the like, share it, and post the shared link here.

You can zip the folder if it contains many files.  In Windows 10 right-click the newly saved folder, click SEND TO|COMPRESSED (zipped) FOLDER.

The result yellow folder will have a .zip extension.  Upload the zip.  If your uploader asks whether it's a file or folder, try the FILE choice.

Exporting is not required.  We don't want to see the completed (exported) production, just the project files as you see them on the timeline.

Be aware that SAVE PROJECT updates the vpj control file with the timeline's content - to restore the project at a later date.  It's always wise to use SAVE PROJECT AS instead, giving the file a unique # or name, to prevent overwriting of an prior vpj file. This is not the same as saving as a portable project. 

Hope this helps sort things out.  An UNinstall of VP via Windows Control Panel|Programs and Features, and install of the latest version may be a good first step.

Hi

Perhaps not a lot of help but your 6 second clip downloaded from Dropbox OK here. Exported to PC with no problems.

Export parameters for this fragment were.... Custom -  .mp4 -  H264 - High Quality - Auto match Content(1280 x 720) - 30fps

Reloaded back to VP 7.11 almost immediately and reviewed with no problems.

....... an under-powered PC + large files = tedium at the least and failure at most.  .... (So true..Like it..😊)

Nat

HI,

I appreciate all of your help and patience in helping me resolve this.  The first thing I checked were the parameters within the software and my system to ensure I had enough RAM and power.  My system's performance is just beneath the maximum required for the software to function optimally.  The thing I'm struggling with is; space.  I have cleaned my hard drive repeatedly -- to no avail.  Everything I have is on an external hard drive; but my internal one keeps saying it's, "full"  even though I just dumped 800 mb of files or more, during a disk cleanup.  I clear the cache in the software too.  Still no room.  What am I doing wrong that I cannot clear any space off of my hard drive and videopad software--regardless of how much I get rid of?  

Thank you.

I was able to find a folder two folders deep, which was still holding copies of items I already have on my external hard drive.  I deleted those files, emptied they recycle bin; rebooted my laptop and checked my internal C drive.  It now has plenty of room on it.  It's a little over half-filled.  Again, I cached out the videopad software.  Still no room to add any more clips past 3 minutes and 30 seconds long.  What else am I missing here? Thank you!

Check OPTIONS|DISK tab.  It the path similar to this?  C:\Users\accountname\AppData\Local\Temp\   Be sure that it is referencing the C:\ drive.

It's unclear why VP won't accept content past 3:30, as you have succeeded with much longer projects in the past.  You state "no room."  Is there an error message?

A workaround...

Load the project as far as you can get (3:30).  Export it as an mp4, confirming that the resolution is what you want.  "Auto-match" is only a suggestion, based on source files,.

Close the program, restart it, and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Import the file that you just exported and place it at the head of the timeline.  It's just a clip now, so original source files won't be discrete.

Import new files and add/edit them in the usual fashion.  When satisfied, export the entire film.  Does it still balk?