Video Pad changes all Video files to audio files

Barn Owl

Hello, I have about 24 or so clips I want to edit together for a video, but once I hit about 16 clips total at the time frame of about 2 minutes, Video pad started to get kinda slow.  Upon noticing this, I went ahead and restarted my computer and video pad editor, but upon pulling up the project, all the video files that were there earlier ended up converting into what the video pad software considers audio files, and almost doubled in size to about 38 audio clips.  These clips have no sound at all, and the previous video files are completely missing.  I even loaded an earlier version of the project, and the same thing occurred to the project with less total clips.  

Is this an error on my end, i.e. my processor may not be strong enough to render all these video clips, or is this a video pad editor problem?  This has happened multiple times before when I am editing video clips together, and it is getting very annoying.  Any insight or help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi

You don't say what version of VP you are using and what type of clips you are editing but the program can usually handle unlimited clips (Within reason. :)) I run with a slowish PC with the Vista OS and it works  OK with several hundred clips. 24 video clips is not a lot. I have not personally encountered a problem such as you describe. (i.e. 24 video clips turning into 38 audio clips.) Seems like something is corrupted and you may have to start again from scratch. Try reinstalling the program from your setup file and clearing the cache. If that doesn't work I would suggest you uninstall your current version of VP (including the data) and install the latest version of VP (7.10) ..  (Keep your original setup file if things go awry)

https://www.nchsoftware.com/software/video.html

Clear the cache and reload your clips. You could see what the old .vpj project file brings up with this version, but if it's the same very odd result then dump it and restart from scratch.

Nat

If Nat's suggestions do not work for you, please share a project that exhibits this behavior and someone will check it out.  Here's how...http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Alternatively, upload and share some files that, when added to the timeline, hang VP.  What are the sizes and resolutions of these files?

If this is sensitive material you can send the shared link via a personal message to me or Nat.