Transitions keep breaking in the sequence

Baranta

I only use VP occasionally, it's the best non-professional program -- but this issue now really keeps getting on my nerves: every now and then, I get a "hiccup" in transitions. When I manage to adjust them (playing with the timing or just deleting the transitions because the "hiccup" is still there, no matter what), then I find that one or more of the next transitions break in the same sequence!

I'm an organised person normally, so first I gather my video clips in separate folders, build up several sequences, then I link them into a final sequence.

I preview it before export, so when I find a broken transition and correct it, I need to re-watch the whole preview every single time to make sure the whole thing looks as intended. It's a neverending story.

Hiccup = the transition starts at the end of one clip, then proceeds to the next one but the clip suddenly stops, then jumps across several frames. Or, worse, there's a blackout instead of playing the transition.

PS. No, I'm not the one lame idiot who needs to link every single clip by transitions because he thinks it's "cool". :)The only ones I use here and there: crossfade, fade and fade to white.

And again, no, I don't just start any preview, I always wait for the thumbnails to buffer - that is why the whole thing takes ages, because every time you adjust ANYTHING, or load another tab etc., VP will re-buffer the clips and transitions in the sequence...)

Thank you very much, that helped.

I was afraid to update in case it messes up the project file, but everything worked OK. The transitions work perfectly without glitches in the final video file when exported.

P.S. I downloaded the non-commercial version.