video overlay

italiangen

This means that in the context of this post, splitting out the loud and soft areas of the soundrack means that even though you would appear to have made numerous clips they cannot all have an effect added at the same time as the tab will not be available.

Create a template and name it "amp."

Split a clip, select all parts, group them, then click the AUDIO tab, choose AUDIO EFFECT and click on "amp."  The template should be applied to all parts of the split clip.  Was here.

Hi

Yes..That works!   

@Italiengen   I downloaded the sound file you posted. It's a bit more complex than the simple example I used which was very clear cut. As far a VP goes yours  comes out best if the whole clip is amplified to around 300 - 350% gain.  The questions become audible (better) and the answers aren't too loud. See what you think. There might be some tools in Wavepad that might also help

@borateAs far as the multiple clip effect problem......When you do a multiple select do you use Ctrl or Shift? Both allow the clips to be selected and grouped but I have just found that using SHIFT to keep the clips selected when choosing an effect inactivates the Apply to selected clips tabs. I have usually used SHIFT to group clips so that may be my error. Can you check that out?

Nat

I have just found that using SHIFT to keep the clips selected when choosing an effect inactivates the Apply to selected clips tabs.

Not seeing that behavior, Nat.  Whether it's <ctrl-A> for all, <shift> (selecting first) <shift> (selecting last) or individual clip <ctrl> clicks, APPLY TO ALL is enabled here.

Hi B

What happens here with SHIFT down..

• Click C1....Click C2...Click C3.    All grey out so all are presumably selected
  • Click FX on C1    This opens the effects window but  now C2 and C3  now go blue so only C1 remains selected and therefore Apply to all does not work.

BUT.... when all are apparently selected

Click FX on C2 instead and C3 goes blue and only C1 and C2 get the effect applied......... (That seems to be a bug)

Click FX on C3 and C1 and C2 turn blue only C3 gets the effect applied. (That seems to be a bug)

Select in reverse (C3,C2,C1)  and click C1  all the clips get the effect.  (Apparently not a bug but very inconsistent)

HOWEVER ....selecting all the clips with SHIFT and then using the toolbar tab the choice option box appears and the  All clips works.

It's all a bit hit and miss with SHIFT.

Using Ctrl things seem to work correctly.... (Control/select      Ctrl +A etc.)

As I said I have been in the habit of using SHIFT for selecting........I shall have to change that habit. 

Nat

Click FX on C1    This opens the effects window but  now C2 and C3  now go blue so only C1 remains selected and therefore Apply to all does not work.

That's not the case here with 7.04 Nat.  After using <shift> to select individual clips, clicking on FX does not deselect them and the APPLY TO ALL action is available.

Hi B

With the SHIFT still pressed Are you clicking the FX on one of the selected clips ? It looked like you were clicking the toolbar option....

Got a rehearsal in a short time so have to go out, but I'll try 7.04 and see it is behaves in the same way when I get back.

Nat.

Thanks Guys.  I still need to digest all of this.  Q's now are;

1. In order to use your procedures, should I upgrade to v.7.4?

2.  Nat, thanks for the adjusted file.  I wish I could see the Fx settings you use to do this improvement.  The fx square at the beginning of your adjustment does not show any of the effects you used.

Regards, @it-italiangen

Hi Italiangen

Amplify and compress at the same time. I felt it sounded better.

• Clip on the timeline
  • Click the FX box on the Audio Track and select Amplify
  • set the cursor line to the start of the clip and enter 315 in the Gain% box.
  • Click the Green + and select Compressor effect
  • Set the following values ....Threshhold 0    Ratio 1     Limit 2  

aa.jpg

The questions now become audible but the answers are not overly loud. See what you think

Nat