audio export not 320 kbps but 160 kbps

michael_DK

I thought U were in Australia OR you are up very early. Let me say here, that I admire your work. I have just tested some other programs but the most important thing is to make a selection on the timeline - what we all do very often - and here Videopad wins completely. Until I found out about the mouse down and the double arrow and drag. Superior and intuitive and creativie. Videopad is my choice now. I hope that it can do, what I want to do 😉

I got a unusable reply from support about this saying. I asked about audio and get a response about video: 

The free versions are limited in the formats supported, effects included, etc. For example, the free version of VideoPad will only allow you to export to a few video formats.

And I asked again without reply. Why should I pay, if I do not exactly know, if my audio files can be saved with 320kbps, when my original audio file is 510kbps ?

Hi

In version 7.03, Audio quality can be set to 320 kbps .  If you have the free version I would select .avi as the output format. In the export video window click the High quality/Larger file size text in blue.

bb.jpg

This brings up AVI Encoder settings window with a Sound format box. The kbps value shown here maybe a default......

bbb.jpg

...So click the down chevron to the right of the box...

bbbb.jpg

Select the top value which is 320 kbps. Now recheck the encoder settings under the High Quality/larger file size text as shown above...it should now show the new Sound format value...

bbbbb.jpg

Your export should now retain this sound format. It seems 320 kbps is the highest value shown in the list.

Nat

Thanks a lot all 3 of you. I use 7.03, downloaded a few weeks ago. If I can be assured that I can export a mp4 with 320kbps, I am happy to pay 30 Euro. I have paid 300 USD for Camtasia twice during the last 5-6 years and Videopad is much better for my needs.

Nationalsolo: I do NOT want to make an avi file, then I have to convert it to mp4 for youtube, but thank U for the screenshots.

I have paid and will test ...

So far I have not succeded in making a file with 320kbps audio. Right now I have waisted 46 USD, if I do not get my money back. I make simple test. I import image and a small wav file with 1411kbps. I have made the same test in Camtasia 2018 and here my audio setting is 512kbps and this is what I get after export.

Videopad does NOT do, what the user is told: create mp4 with 320kbps audio and I have asked for a refund.

Hi

The .avi is just a container for the MP4. However if you select .mp4 from the list of formats ........

aaa.jpg

you will have the choice between H264 or MPEG4 ........

aaaa.jpg    aa.jpg

Either of these options will allow you to set 320 kbps for the Audio Quality Bitrate by clicking the down chevron on the Audio Quality/Bitrate box.......

aaaaa.jpg

The project should then Export with the required settings...

Nat

I have 30 years of computer experience and have written several computer manuals etc. I DO have some experience. I like your word SHOULD. Pls try it for yourself. We talk about facts here, not "should" and "could". I have spent some hour on this, enough for now.

Hi michael

"... . I DO have some experience. I like your word SHOULD. Pls try it for yourself. We talk about facts here, not "should" and "could". I have spent some hour on this, enough for now. ....."

As an author I am sure you have more than some experience.:)   However, I use of the word "should"  in the conditional sense .....i.e. provided everything else is correct...Unless something is wrong the project should export OK. with the stated 320 kbps audio quality. etc.   I do not mean to say that it will

" The .avi is just a container for the MP4" - it seems, that you do NOT know about this subject.  "

I am sure you are correct. in this  :).  I can only go by the fact that the VP export window allows one to select .avi and choose the MPEG4 (Native) codec and the exported file is an .avi. The contents I assume are in mpeg4 compression....please correct me if I am wrong .....and then explain why VP says MPEG4 (Native)....As far as I know  AVI files may use different types of compressions (MPEG4, DivX, XviD, RM, etc.) to encode the video.  I hope you can see where my statement is coming from.

"@Nationalsolo: your screenshots are NOT correct. they show video encode being MP4, but actually you are displaying audio after selecting .avi video format "

In the example I illustrated you are correct...I selected .avi.  before selecting the video compressor (MPEG4 (Native)

Nevertheless as I stated and illustrated above VP will allow you to export an MPEG4 (mp4) with 320 kbps audio quality. Which is apparently what you want and say you are not getting.

Instead of then selecting .avi, (which you don't want,) you select mp4 from the drop down list. This allows you to choose MPEG4,  H264, or H265

So, select MPEG4. and as stated above, 320 kbps is available from the Audio Quality list. 

See the MPEG4 export settings below...... This not an mp4 associated with the .avi container which is MPEG4 (native).  It exports as an .mp4 at 320 kbps

aa (2).jpg

Are you saying this is incorrect or not working for you or you are not seeing 320 kbps?

Regards

Nat

Result here, using the current VP version...

File Format:   AVI   (Click the Default Quality/Filesize link)

Video Compressor:  H264 or MPEG4

Audio Compressor:  Mp3

Sound Format:  4800 Hz, 320 kbps, Stereo

VP_bitrate.jpg

Check the WMV format for even higher bitrates.

Thanks Borate  

Hi  Michael_DK

Similar results from a .mp4 export show this.......

aaa.jpg

Note that the MAXIMUM Audio bit rate is 320 Kbps (as requested at export) but the quoted  bit rate would seem to be 154 Kbps. This is because the Bit rate mode is Variable. with his type of export.  This seems to be the answer to your post.

However exporting as an .avi with MPEG4 (Native) codec gives this......

www.jpg

The bit rate is now 320 Kbps and the Bit rate mode is Constant.

It seems that if you want a constant 320 Kbps you will have to export as an .avi. MPEG4 (Native)

Nat

I have been away for some hours. Now I better understand. From the very beginning I just wanted to export to a file, that Youtube/Google recommends here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en-GB

that is I was focused on MP4 container. Sorry to you guys, but I overlooked the Video compressor MPEG4. I have to study the difference H264 and MPEG4. I will look closer at your posts. I hope that others will learn something here. I do. Again thank you and I will test later.

Hi Michael

Its a free open source  app called Mediainfo. There are versions for Windows and Mac. Above display is version 7.4  but latest is about Version 18 now so may look different.

Check the sticky at the top of the forum..  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

There is a link towards the bottom of the post or try here...

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Nat

Hi Michael,

Is it possible to share(upload to Google Drive, One Drive etc.) the original clip so we can have a look?

It's possible that some video files include multiple audio stream in different bit rate. If this is the case, please make sure the audio stream you selected when import is more than 320kbps.

Hi Michael,

Audio data in WAV is uncompressed. After you export to mp4, the audio is compressed by AAC encoder.

Isn't it make sense that compressed data will have less bit rate since less data need to be transmitted per second?

Also, in the screenshot above, 320kbps in MP3 is "Maximum bit rate", meaning that the encoder will output less bit rate if the audio data can be compressed more without losing quality.