Newbie needs help

DecKeRs

Hello!

I am considering DialDictate to set up a call-in dictation system and I just have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me out with. Here they are...

1. For security, is the person calling-in required to enter a user code and password? How many users can be created?

2. Can DialDictate accomodate multiple simultaneous calls if you only have one phone line connected? Do I need to get more phone lines if I expect to get multiple simultaneous call-ins?

3. What set-up (hardware) should I have to accomodate multiple simultaneous call-ins?

This is all for now. Hope you don't mind if I post more inquiries as soon as they come to mind. :) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
1.  For security, is the person calling-in required to enter a user code and password?  How many users can be created?

You can add as many users as you want but there is a fee for each add unless you purchase a site license

2.  Can DialDictate accomodate multiple simultaneous calls if you only have one phone line connected?  Do I need to get more phone lines if I expect to get multiple simultaneous call-ins?

Dial Dictate can only handle as many simultaneous calls as there are phone lines connected to it. You may want to consider using Vonage VoIP lines

3.  What set-up (hardware) should I have to accomodate multiple simultaneous call-ins?

I am currnetly running 13 VoIP phone lines into an athelon 64 with with an n-force 4 chipset on Win 2000. My problem has been the speed of the internet. I ended up putting a server into a network operations center to get access to a 48 megabit pipe.