Voxal Voice Changer Ruined my Mic

RyanFD

I decided to download the Voxal Voice Changer which is all good and fun until you listen to your voice and it sounds like there is this horrendous screeching in the background. My Blue Yeti worked fine and had crystal clear audio until after i downloaded this. I even tried deleting it and there is still a problem. This is incredibly frustrating as i try to make youtube videos and now I cant. Also i cant play with my friends it's that bad. Please help me!

Edit: If anyone knows where to download Drivers for the Blue Yeti i could delete and reinstall them

Hi RyanFD,

I am sorry to hear you had problems with Voxal. If you could explain the problem with more details, I will try to help you as much as I can.

1. What is the actual problem? Do you get noisy recording when Voxal is running or not running?

2. Do you want to remove Voxal? If so did you try uninstalling and how did the uninstall go, any error etc ?

3. Normally Voxal shouldn't touch or modify any of your devices audio drivers. So your Blue Yeti drivers should be there if you haven't uninstalled them by a mistake. If you can successfully remove Voxal, Blue Yeti should be back to its normal way.

Depending on your answers, I can help you reinstall your Blue Yeti drivers if for some reason something happened.

Regards,

Yusuf

6 minutes ago, N_C_H_yusuf said:

Hi RyanFD,

I am sorry to hear you had problems with Voxal. If you could explain the problem with more details, I will try to help you as much as I can.

1. What is the actual problem? Do you get noisy recording when Voxal is running or not running?

2. Do you want to remove Voxal? If so did you try uninstalling and how did the uninstall go, any error etc ?

3. Normally Voxal shouldn't touch or modify any of your devices audio drivers. So your Blue Yeti drivers should be there if you haven't uninstalled them by a mistake. If you can successfully remove Voxal, Blue Yeti should be back to its normal way.

Depending on your answers, I can help you reinstall your Blue Yeti drivers if for some reason something happened.

Regards,

Yusuf

Thank you for responding this quickly. So what happened was i downloaded the voxal voice changer, it installed, the first thing i pressed was preview. That's when i heard the sound. It is like a semi quiet screeching in the background of my mic audio. I can %100 confirm my mic was working fine before this. I tried turnin off the aplication, the sound was still there. I tried deleting it the sound was still there. I tried restarting my computer the sound was still there. Thats the jist of the problem if you need more info just tell me.

Hi RyanFD,

Did you try uninstalling the Voxal? Before uninstalling, disconnect Blue yeti and all external audio devices from your computer. And how did you uninstall it by using Window's uninstall wizard or by deleting the Voxal's folder from program files? If you've just deleted the folder from program files, that isn't enough to remove it, you will need to uninstall it properly by using windows uninstall wizard.

Regards,

Yusuf

Hi RyanFD,

Did it give any error message? Just to confirm the uninstall was successful, could you check these few things:

1. Does any of these files exist : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx64.sys  or  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx86.sys  ?

2. You need to check some values from registry.  If you search regedit in start menu, Registry Editor should be on top of the list. You will only need to see some values, be sure not to change any value there. Once you open the regedit, navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

As I said, don't change any value anywhere, just navigate through the list. Let me know if you are having problems navigating registry. Once you reach that key, you will see some values, I attached a picture from my registry here https://imgur.com/a/v7vtTtM

Could you tell me what is the value in UpperFilters as shown in the image? Let me know if you cant see the image.

Regards,

Yusuf

2 hours ago, N_C_H_yusuf said:

Hi RyanFD,

Did it give any error message? Just to confirm the uninstall was successful, could you check these few things:

1. Does any of these files exist : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx64.sys  or  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx86.sys  ?

2. You need to check some values from registry.  If you search regedit in start menu, Registry Editor should be on top of the list. You will only need to see some values, be sure not to change any value there. Once you open the regedit, navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

As I said, don't change any value anywhere, just navigate through the list. Let me know if you are having problems navigating registry. Once you reach that key, you will see some values, I attached a picture from my registry here https://imgur.com/a/v7vtTtM

Could you tell me what is the value in UpperFilters as shown in the image? Let me know if you cant see the image.

Regards,

Yusuf

i will have to get back to you tommorow afternoon its late where i live

22 hours ago, N_C_H_yusuf said:

Hi RyanFD,

Regards,

Yusuf

it said the uninstall was successful

I searched for those files and it said they didnt exist 

I cant find out how to get to the registry editor. I run windows 10 and i click on the type here to search bar and put in regedit and nothing shows up

Hi RyanFD,

From your replies, it seems you've successfully uninstalled Voxal and it shouldn't effect how audio is recorded on your computer. Have you tried to record anything to see if there is any recording issues?  If there are still issues, it might be related to some other audio software or driver you have on your computer.  Let me know if you have still recording issues.

If you really want to re-install the drivers for yeti,  from device manager, you  can use "uninstall device" to uninstall its drivers and when you reconnect it to PC, windows should be able to detect it and install the drivers for you. Currently it is weekend here and I can't test this on my yeti, on monday once I get to work, I can try this first on my yeti microphone to see if windows can uninstall and reinstall it, if you want to make sure that won't cause a problem.

Regards,

Yusuf 

Hi RyanFd,

No problem at all, I wish I could do more to help. It seems for Yeti, there might not be additional drivers supplied with Yeti, so it might be just using the windows audio drivers. Just for checking what kind of noise you are getting?  For example if it is a high pitch noise, it might be a feedback caused by speakers. Have you changed any settings recently? Do you use any additional audio related software ? These are the only last options that comes to my mind,  from your replies I'm mostly sure that Voxal is currently uninstalled and can't effect your microphone anymore.

Regards,

Yusuf

• 9 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 11:46 PM, N_C_H_yusuf said:

Hi RyanFD,

Regards,

Yusuf

I'm having a problem with my audio and C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx64.sys still exists after uninstalling. How would i remove it?

• 5 months later...

Screetching sound for me within 3 seconds of testing it after install.I dont know if it is from interference but I turned down volumn right away. The sound escalated within 2 seconds. Hopefully there was no damage to my speakers or mic? I went to this site immediatelly to see if there was a warning in some beginners manual about this? If not it may be something that needs investigating and taught to beginners so they don't have damage occur imediatly after they first run the program?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem with a totally different hardware setup. Mic is a built in mic with Creative Webcam HD  VF0790.

Before installing Voxal all was working fine. After first call of Voxal ugly noise as described by the other two users. No usable signal is detected by the audio input. It shows already a base level that corresponds to the noise heard. In Skype, Zoom or any other software that uses the mic this sound is still there. It appears as if some residual part of voxal has captured the mics input and still attempts to apply the distortion. The output of Voxal was never clear or usable even when it was installed.It all sounds like a strongly oversignaled input amplifier. 

Windows 10 Uninstall, driver removal and reinstallation, manually removing the still present dll, restarting, even reinstalling and uninstalling the software didn't help.

In registry the value of the key you requested is: ksthunk

Now finally tested on another computer (laptop) Here the software was also previously installed and deinstalled. However the laptops mic was not affectedafter deinstallation. However the Webcam mic from the other computer shows the same symptoms. It really seems there was some hardware damage on the mic ( or there is a residue of the program that affects this particular microphone, and some others even after clean deinstallation.

Yours

Andreas

• 4 months later...

Voxal Voice Changer ruined my microphone. Its not working properly. I have purchased the product from your official website. then i formatted entire machine and the same problem. its again showing that microphone is not working . and for support you guys are also charging.. as i purchased your product it should be free

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I got this same problem a few hours ago, i was trying to use the program to 'troll' my friends on Zoom, then it got boring so when I tried uninstalling, the effect was still there, installed the program and set the effect to 'Normal' which hardly sounds like my voice before doing all that, I deleted that file which exists in this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\voxaldriverx86.sys , yet no solutions at all.

If anyone found a solution please reply as soon as possible as I also use Zoom for school purposes and etc..

• 3 weeks later...