cant exit sounttap

nir

not the first time this is happening, on my windows 10 pro, sound tap is working well but does not exit, no matter what I do , even with task manager it can not be killed 

I can use a more aggressive task manager tools to kill it, or restart, very annoying

any idea ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nir,

I'm one of the developers of SoundTap. That is interesting, I've never faced such a problem in SoundTap. Could you explain the issue more so maybe I can identify a possible bug and fix it?

When that happens is SoundTap frozen, does windows give you "not responding" error? Does this happen while recording or on idle? What happens when you click exit when the issue occurs? How often do you think that problem occurs and is there anything in common between different occurrences, for example whenever I click here, or whenever I open this other program etc. ?

Thank you for informing us the problem, if I can understand and produce the problem, I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Yusuf 

• 4 weeks later...

Yusuf, 

Sorry I did not see your answer, here is what happens, 

after almost every recording, soundtap stay up, I cant exit it nor can kill it using windows task manager, (i need process explorer to kill it) 

If I start recording again, it claims it has directory permission errors , other than that some menu items / buttons does not work, (and some does) for example help button does not do anything , option buttton does not do anything,  but start / stop recording does.

I can probably reproduce it easily , and can do a screen share if you want.

I'm a developer myself so if you want me to do some patching / troubelshooting, let me know.

if you want some kind of logs let me know as well.

thanks

Hi Nir,

That is all good, no worries.

That is really interesting, I've never seen such a bug in SoundTap before. I appreciate If you could send a screenshot of the directory permission error message. Unfortunately, there is no log generated on release builds and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share debug builds, most probably not. Maybe the error message might give me some clues. Thank you for all you help.

Best regards,

Yusuf

• 1 year later...

Here it is May of 2020 and I am having exactly the same problem in Windows 10.

In the SoundTap trial period, I was able to record a stream, start a new record of a new stream and finally exit SoundTap.  

Unfortunately, after my recent purchase, I can only record one stream.  When I try to start the recording process for the another stream, I get the "Directory Permission" message.  I also cannot exit SoundTap even by using Windows 10 Task Manager.

The only way to exit the program is to "crash exit" windows and reboot.

I am going to try the suggested reload of the program to see it that helps.

UPDATE: I Reloaded the program and recorded one audio stream.  The recording was fine, but SoundTap still  will not exit.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I've similar behaviour as tir reported here: http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/26807-cant-exit-sounttap/?tab=comments#comment-68681
It sometimes happens, not every time. If it happens, I can't get the program closed normally. It seems to "register" click, but will not be closed. If I try with Task Manager, I can pick the process, click on "Task beenden" (OS German version), but it won't close either. The only solution is Windows restart. OS: Windows 10, HP laptop with I7:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cf5S7vCSR9h4DPKhUJ29NuxS1qc5ashN/view?usp=sharing

Regards,
flocken

• 6 months later...

I'm getting the same issue with multiple users. Windows 10 latest version. Soundtap is requiring the host PC to be restarted after a recording is stopped or if it’s closed after first-time use as it will hang in the background processes but won’t re-open its interface. Even after killing those background processes it requires a full restart to actually open.

• 2 months later...

I figured out a workaround to this problem you have to start task manager as an administrator to close out of SoundTap. If you are a standard user it will not have the permission to close out of the program. Try Searching for task manager and adding it to your desktop and right clicking on it and select "Run as administrator" You will then see and close out SoundTap easily.