Can't export all sequences

stebbinsd

Hi Borate

Nope! Tried it again.(May be doing something wrong possibly)

1. Dropped a clip on the timeline and created a sequence from it by using sequence +  (Now blank timeline)
  2. Repeated with a different clip. (two sequences in bin + clapperboard)
  3. Loaded the timeline with the sequences (So there is something there)
  4. Selected Sequence 1 X from the bar as shown in your clip
  5. Click green File button and selected  Export all sequences.
  6. Now at this point......Something happens for an instant (looks like a blue loading bar or something a window) before the three useless choices window comes up and covers it.It happens so fast that I can't actually see it before its covered. It's not behind the window still when this is grabbed and moved.
  7. Clicking any of the three choices does nothing. Nothing has been saved to file etc. So I have always considered this an unfinished part of VP.

Nat

Try it this way.

1.  Import two clips

2.. Drop clip 1 onto track 1.  This creates sequence 1.

2.  Above the timeline click the + sign that's to the right of the sequence 1 tab, to create blank sequence 2.

3.  Drop clip 2 onto track 1 of sequence 2.

4.  Click FILE|EXPORT ALL SEQUENCES and follow the prompts.

There is no clapperboard in the sequence tab's bin/

There's no need to select a timeline sequence tab.  In the video, that was done simply to verify the video in each sequence.

Hi B

1.  Import two clips.   OK

2.. Drop clip 1 onto track 1. OK.  This creates sequence 1.  OK. Timeline  contains Clip 1 and Sequence bin contains Sequence 1 (No clapperboard)

2.  Above the timeline click the + sign that's to the right of the sequence 1 tab, to create blank sequence 2.  OK. Timeline is now empty and Sequence bin now contains Clip 1 and Sequence 2 as a Clapperboard

3.  Drop clip 2 onto track 1 of sequence 2. ??.  Not sure what you mean here by this bit . My inference is that sequence 2 is blank. However,  I have dropped Clip 2 onto the empty timeline. Sequence bin now holds Clip1as Sequence 1 and Clip 2 as Sequence 2 (No Clapperboard)

4.  Click FILE|EXPORT ALL SEQUENCES and follow the prompts.  Export All sequences is blanked out!   WHICH IS NOW BIZARRE!! At least before I had the prompt even if it led nowhere. :mellow:

There is no clapperboard in the sequence tab's bin/ That's correct.....Just sequence 1 (clip1) and Sequence 2 (Clip2)  Step 3 is where it goes wrong I think.......

I have two sequences in the bin but don't seem to be able to export them.:) Note that I have back stepped to try another angle using the Redo arrow....right back to adding the two clips to an empty VP. Do you think this might have left a flag set somewhere from the first run through?

Any ideas??

Nat

HI B

I think it must an un-reset flag or something  resulting from Redo....Here is a Re-run....

1. Open VP . New project.                (File/Export All Sequences prompt is present...No action clicking this)
  2. Load two clips to Video bin     (File/Export All Sequences prompt is present...No action clicking  this)
  3. Clip 1 dropped on timeline.      (File/Export All Sequences prompt is present... No action clicking this)
  4. Created Sequence 1 (Timeline MT and File/Export All Sequences prompt is present. This brings up non functioning options window shown in my earlier post)
  5. Clip 2 dropped on MT timeline. (File/Export All Sequences prompt is present. Blue progress bar seen for an instant immediately covered by Non usable options window. Not sure what the blue bar is doing)
  6. Create Sequence 2....... (File/Export All Sequences prompt is present but behaves as above..Window with inactive choices)

Used Redo arrow to step back to empty timeline and clip bin. Stepping forwards again clips appear in bin and timeline etc. as expected but The Export All Sequences prompt is now greyed out and inactive. Something wrong there connected with redo!  Unless it IS a paid  option as Jimmy suggests.....

Nat

Hi B

Followed your steps exactly....The 3 options  in the final Export window all remain inactive.:(   I managed to glimpse the blue bar heading just before this...It's the "Detecting most common format" , As I only have 2 short clips loaded, it only visible for an instant. Using VP 7.0 Professional Licensed software.

It's not a problem as I normally reconstruct a project from any sequences I may make (don't always make sequences)  and export from the timeline after checking the whole thing through. It's just an odd difference between how your V7.0 is working and the version 7.0 I have.

Nat

Wasn't able to replicate any of Nat's strange VP behaviour. For me, if I create a project with multiple sequences and then undo until I have an empty project, then Export All Sequences... in the menu is not greyed out. Clicking it does nothing, which is a bug. This is the opposite of the issue described by Nat. 

Was not able to replicate the Export dialog with inactive options. Will try again tomorrow.

Hi Jimmy

Looked at the steps I mentioned again and have noticed.....Apart from the inactive Export window. (which you suggest is a bug), there is definitely something odd when the  the Undo and Redo arrows are used.

I repeated the steps above from opening VP and New Project...

1. Added two clips
  2. Dropped clip 1 to timeline and used + to create a sequence
  3. Repeated with clip 2...Now there are two sequences in bin and a blank timeline.
  4. Export All sequences from the File button gives the inactive export window. (??bug..although this works for Borate)
  5. Close Export window and Undo multiple times back to empty clip box (i.e start)
  6. Using Redo  multiple times correctly steps back to the inactive export window OK   But..   and this is where I think there is a bug.....

If you Undo  back to the point where the sequences have been removed and you are left with just the two unticked clips in the bin ,... (effectively the start) and you then repeat the above moves above from step 2. ( i.e. create two sequences, NOT using the Redo arrow) The Export All Sequences prompt remains inactive now even though by step 2 you have two sequences in the bin to export.

Does that help?

Nat

Hi Nat,

Could I ask what File button you are clicking? There's two, depending on program state.

Here's what I've noticed. If I click the 'top' File button then all the menu entries are updated appropriately. Meaning Export All Sequences... should be active/inactive based on whether there are two or more sequences in the project or not. The Green file button seems buggy. When I click that one, the entries are not automatically updated, meaning you could see a disabled Export All Sequences... option even when there are enough sequences, or it could be enabled when there are not enough sequences. I think the former is happening in your case.

File Buttons.jpg

The bugginess of the Green button needs to be fixed. Until then, you can use the top button instead and it should (hopefully) display Export All Sequences... in the correct state. Still no idea about your inactive export window problem, however.

Jimmy,  You have hit upon related issues that need attention.  The upper-left menu has three states:

FILE (green) - with a menu bar.

HAMBURGER menu with drop-down choices.

HAMBURGER menu with the word "menu" and drop-down choices.

Shortcut keys such as <ctrl-O>, for example, are dysfunctional in any of these UI flavors.  They sound a bell.

Further, as with other NCH products, the <alt> key is used to invoke the hamburger drop-down menu.  No problem - except when <alt> is employed to avoid timeline clip snap-back.  Having to close the unwanted drop-down box is an annoyance.    When the green FILE menu is apparent (no hamburger) <alt> does not invoke a drop down.

There should be an anti-snap button on the interface, as there was in version 6.20.

Repeatedly installing the program eventually produces the green FILE UI, no hamburger.  But it may revert spontaneously.

As for EXPORT ALL, it was tested on two sequences, each containing a single clip, in both FILE and hamburger/"menu" layouts.  It was always active and functional here.

Until the <alt> issue is addressed, IMO this is the best layout for Videopad...          VP_UI_file.jpg

Hi Borate,

The <alt> issue has been on the backlog for a while, no easy solution can be seen immediately.

The shortcut bell issue you describe is new to me however, and I can't replicate it. Maybe continue this discussion in a PM to avoid cluttering up this thread?

Hi Jimmy

Your post to me above is correct. What has come out of looking at this thread is that the Green File button has some problems relating to export. The Top file button however seems to work without greying out options. (even with Redo etc. as I outlined) In fact it seems to correct the menu produced by the Green button. However neither pathway produces an active Export Video window.(At least not with VP 7.0 and earlier versions here)  This not a problem in general ( for me) as I export from the timeline using the Toolbar Export Video tab. I can't reproduce a shortcut bell here. But a repeat double click on the vppsetup.exe file for the version in use usually changes the hamburger button back to the normal File button.

Nat

But a repeat double click on the vppsetup.exe file for the version in use usually changes the hamburger button back to the normal File button.

Ah, now it makes sense why the UI seemed to be changing spontaneously.  In reality clicking on the installer file causes that, whether or not the program is reinstalled.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2019 at 2:51 PM, JimmyRustle said:

Hi Borate,

The <alt> issue has been on the backlog for a while, no easy solution can be seen immediately.

The shortcut bell issue you describe is new to me however, and I can't replicate it. Maybe continue this discussion in a PM to avoid cluttering up this thread?

The <alt> issue is fixed! Since v7.02

Hi JR and Borate

Am I going about this subject incorrectly then as there still seems to be a bug here.....in 7.02..?

• Loaded three clips
  • Placed  first on timeline and created a sequence....Timeline empty
  • Placed second on the timeline and created a sequence....Timeline empty
  • Placed third on the timeline and created a sequence......Timeline empty

Note:  These were only single clips with no editing but for the purpose of this test it should make no difference. At this point the timeline was empty and the sequence bin contained the sequences plus the blank..........

aaa.jpg

As far as I understand this problem,  the object was now to export the sequences in the bin......(Correct?)

• Click the green FILE tab to bring up a menu..... The menu appears and the green FILE button turns blue.....

BBB.jpg

• Select Export All Sequences....

CCC.jpg

This brings up the Export Video option window......

DDD.jpg

In my version of VP (7.02)  all three of these options are inactive,,,,,,, (i.e. They depress but go nowhere)

Am I missing something??.......These steps above all seem quite logical but do not work.

Even if I drag the Sequences down to the timeline and repeat the attempt to export them the window remains inoperative.

Any comments?

Nat

Hi

Well......Starting with three clips loaded and all converted to sequences I still get the inactive Export Video window...  None of the sequences in the bin are prompted. I have mentioned this to NCH so perhaps there will be a response. I have also tried this with VP 7.03 with the same result.

Note:  Clicking Export Lossless Video also brings  an Export Video window with inactive boxes (Local Computer.....Google Drive......Dropbox.) The    Onedrive  option at the bottom does bring up a settings window though. There may be some other settings that control this behaviour but not sure.

Nat

• 4 weeks later...