Manually inserting transitions

Mim

I have a smallish issue that I found when clipping sections of a video then rejoining them whereby the automated transition icon is not present between the clips. Is there a way to manually insert transitions? I was able to do this with Camtasia until I switched to VideoPad (which is 100 times more reliable)

Thank you in advance

Hi

Try Zooming in on the new join. If, after the split  the resulting right hand section is visually narrower than the FX ot the X icon, the latter won't be visible. Zooming in using the scroll wheel or the zoom bar bottom right will widen the clip enough for the FX and X to be seen.

Note also that if  you have already added a transition to the join and subsequently move the clips apart, the transition will disappear even when you close any gap to rejoin the clips. In this case you will need to add the transition again.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Try Zooming in on the new join. If, after the split  the resulting right hand section is visually narrower than the FX ot the X icon, the latter won't be visible. Zooming in using the scroll wheel or the zoom bar bottom right will widen the clip enough for the FX and X to be seen.

Note also that if  you have already added a transition to the join and subsequently move the clips apart, the transition will disappear even when you close any gap to rejoin the clips. In this case you will need to add the transition again.

Nat

Thank you Nat! Yes that works wonderfully!