FInd Peak Level?

EricH

According to the manual, Ctrl+Shift+P should find and select the Peak Sample.    Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but this is not working for me.   I've tried it with selecting the whole file as well as with selecting nothing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 2 weeks later...

LENNONOLOGY -

The correct link for opening up a support ticket is https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html    (I.e., remove the trailing " ")

I opened up a support ticket nearly two weeks ago.. I got one response that they had a large number of support issues and was I still having a problem.   I responded that I was still having the problem, but since then I've heard nothing.

This is all very discouraging as Wavepad is a good product.  I would gladly be wrong, but from all that I can see it appears that NCH is abandoning the product - at least for Mac.

Thanks for the reply Eric.

A peak search is the first function I try with every program and it's a deal breaker.

I was forced into Logic Pro X by El Capitan and I haven't been able to sort out many of the functions I left behind in Soundtrack Pro. Wavepad looks to be a good program, I hope that they haven't abandoned the Mac version.

• 2 weeks later...
Le 12/12/2018 à 17h56, Fred28 a déclaré:

Bonjour,

Dans CE CAS, le better Serait iTunes Mobdro TutuApp Que vous contactiez technique le support de NCH verser de l'aide obtain et voir s'agit d'un Se il Bogue si le ous was raccourci supprimé, car le manuel Ne est pas nécessairement conforme à la version que vous possédez.

Vous pouvez créer un ticket de support pour eux ici:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html  

Bonne chance!

Selon le manuel, Ctrl + Maj + P doit rechercher et tester l'échantillon de photo.  Peut-être que je fais quelque chose de mal, mais cela ne fonctionne pas pour moi.  J'ai essayé avec la sélection du fichier entier ainsi qu'avec la sélection de rien.

18 hours ago, LENNONOLOGY said:

Is there a chance that this is a function that is not available in the free version?

That is not the case - I have the paid version.   

Just to update the situation, I finally got a response from NCH support a few days ago.   They have acknowledged that there is a problem and (to quote)  "have already reported your issue to our software developers".

If I get any other responses I will post them here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi EricH,

On 1/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, EricH said:

Thanks Ben.  Are we also going to add multi-channel editing to the Mac version - since it already works in the Windows version?

Yes, it will make its way into the Mac version in one of the upcoming releases.

Regards,

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

To those of you following this thread, I can report that NCH has issued a beta version that fixes this particular problem.  You can get it here:

This is showing as version 9.02, but it is not a finished product.   For example, when I try to Save a file?  The program hangs and I have to do a Force Quit.    Nonetheless, in addition to the fix to Find Peak, I am seeing some pluses and minuses in this version.

Pluses
The distracting window which shows all other NCH products?  You can now close that window. 
The program now seems to be more Mac compliant.  When you double click on the edge of a window, the window now expands in that direction.

Minuses
The Playback controls have changed.  You now have to to do Opt-P to start playback instead of Enter.   Why?
You still cannot close or minimize the Playback Controls  or File Info windows
You still cannot separately edit individual channels.