6.30 - Pressing the 'R' key brings up the Register VideoPad window?

Ivan187

While I'm editing a text clip, I encounter this annoying bug where if you try to type an R into the text, instead the program brings up the Register VideoPad window. Eventually it lets me type the R into the text clip, but I don't know why it happens.

I looked in the "File" menu, and the Register Software item doesn't even display a keyboard shortcut, so it's pretty weird.

From memory there's a special shortcut combination used across all NCH applications to provide a universal way to bring up the register dialog. This is so that support people don't need to provide users with a different set of instructions on how to open the register window for every application. Anyway, I don't remember what the shortcut is but sounds like you are accidentally triggering it somehow. Little confusing since I think it included Ctrl/Shift modifiers.

Anyway, are you using Sticky Keys or something?

While I'm editing a text clip, I encounter this annoying bug where if you try to type an R into the text, instead the program brings up the Register VideoPad window.

Sure does.  Intermittent bug.  May be related to <ctrl-shift-r>, which sometimes brings up the registration screen while a text box has focus.

Windows 10, sticky keys not enabled.

Press and let go of the <alt> key when this happens and see if that clears it..

Hi

VP 6.30

Agreed..It's a bug but it's not intermittent.....,

In the Text Editor, If Ctrl key has been pressed but then released (i.e. presumably now having no action) the Register Software window comes up when R is typed. After that it seems to come up each time R is pressed (r seems OK). If the window is then closed cursor is at start of text again.  The effect is removed if Ctrl is pressed again. The edit window obviously responds to the Ctrl key being pressed and released as the thumbnails are regenerated when it is pressed.

The Register software window is the bottom choice in the list under the green Menu key In my version of VP6.30

So until it's fixed don't press the Ctrl key when entering text. If you do then press it again.   It's easy to touch this key when you want Shift instead.....but doing it  again is the cure.;)

Nat

On 11/19/2018 at 3:06 AM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

VP 6.30

Agreed..It's a bug but it's not intermittent.....,

In the Text Editor, If Ctrl key has been pressed but then released (i.e. presumably now having no action) the Register Software window comes up when R is typed. After that it seems to come up each time R is pressed (r seems OK). If the window is then closed cursor is at start of text again.  The effect is removed if Ctrl is pressed again. The edit window obviously responds to the Ctrl key being pressed and released as the thumbnails are regenerated when it is pressed.

The Register software window is the bottom choice in the list under the green Menu key In my version of VP6.30

So until it's fixed don't press the Ctrl key when entering text. If you do then press it again.   It's easy to touch this key when you want Shift instead.....but doing it  again is the cure.;)

Nat

Oh.. now that explains everything.

Thanks.