SoundTap Starts & Stops After 3 Seconds

Derek

I am using the latest MacOS. SoundTap initially starts but then stops after 3 seconds saying that the audio stream has stopped, which it hasn't. The program then will not start unless I close it down and start it again. Then I have the same cycle of events again. Tech Support has suggested Disk First Aid and reinstalling the program, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is SoundTap simply not working with the latest MacOS?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with version 5.00 except I can record audio for a minimum of 10 seconds up to 1 minute 40 seconds then it stops on my Mac. I have requested technical support but after reading the above I am not confident it will be resolved. Where do I go from here after paying for it?

• 3 months later...

Yes, I have just bought the product, I have a Macbook software latest version in March 2019. I have requested help but none offered so far. I have the same problem, the recording just stops after a few seconds. On closing Sound Tap, the music continues as before.....

I see that at least two other people have the same problem with no help from the technical people. After paying for a product, it should, simply, work!

I will give it another couple of days then if no help offered, I will stop the credit card payment;

geoffchem

• 4 months later...

Same problem with SoundTap 5.00 after 'upgrading' from 2.34. This is July 2019 and still no answer from Technical Support? And I can't even go back to SoundTap 2.34. I will also stop my credit card payment if no resolution. This 'support' is unacceptable.

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to add that I am another user with the same problem, and I opened a support ticket. My solution for the moment is to go back to v 2.34, which works fine. The new registration code for v 6.06 can also be used for all previous versions. OS X version here is 10.11.6

• 2 weeks later...

Reading the previous post from surfbear and others, I see that the problem of initially starting to record a stream and stopping shortly thereafter is common. I just purchased this program, and have had NO success of getting more than 15 seconds of recording, then the recording stops whilst the stream continues. I'm running MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), and have had no luck with uninstalling and reinstalling. Is there an update or bug fix?

• 1 year later...

I had it working flawlessly on one computer for months.  Then I uninstalled it and installed it on another computer ( same brand, Dell ) and Windows 10.  Now it will not record more then a few minutes before it stops.  I have put in a trouble ticket.  We'll see.

• 1 year later...
On 12/23/2022 at 12:39 AM, degarb said:

I have encounted this problem in win 10 too.

Hi @degarb,

For further diagnosis, kindly send us a screenshot of your computer's system audio settings and the program’s audio settings, and the program’s software version you are currently running. If you are using any third-party hardware (ex. audio interface), kindly let us know which exact model it is as well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Also, you may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you need immediate and direct assistance.