Green tinge on videos after exporting

lakemode

Exported videos have a green tinge to the picture, and if you re-enter that export and export it again it adds an extra layer of green tinge also..? Any ideas would be appreciated. Currently have my settings at x264  / Quality rate - 18. 

(Also a separate question maybe for another day but I also dont understand why exports seem to get added amounts of Mb for no reason.. like I could re-enter the same clip and export it a second time and it will end up being more MB/GB's than the first one) 

Thanks a million for a taking a moment here

Let someone take a look...

Save your project first.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu and SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT.

ZIP all the files that result and upload them to a free server, such as DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive.

Get a link (share) and post that link here.

What is the output format and resolution of the video?

17 hours ago, borate said:

Let someone take a look...

Save your project first.  Then, with it on the timeline, click the FILE menu and SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT.

ZIP all the files that result and upload them to a free server, such as DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive.

Get a link (share) and post that link here.

What is the output format and resolution of the video?

Thanks for the reply.. this is a before/after gif. I've pretty much considered this isn't going away but my best option is to ask to ask you what the best output settings are for videos? The best quality while maintaining the same visual as the import? 

https://i.imgur.com/XZ5PtmP.gif 

Test the latest version, if you're not already running it and see if that affects the green tinge issue.  Upload the project if you'd like someone to examine it.

Matching output (export) settings to those of the imported files gives good results.  VP offers an "auto-match" option for export.  Click the chevron to the right of "resolution."

Mp4/H264 is a widely used format.

Hi

The images you posted do not seem to have the same degree of compression. But there is a green tinge a bit like the effect one sometimes sees in jpg images when compression is high. Large expanses of similar colours that shade gently from one to another are reduced to fewer shades for compression purposes leaving blocks of intermediate colours. It may be that your export parameters are not optimum.  Here's an example using a jpg image. Both sides are compressed but the one on the right deliberately exaggerated has too much .

xx.jpg

In the export screen VP under Default Quality/File size try an export at High Quality and see if it makes any difference. This image has mostly blue but grey might show green as an intermediate shade.

Obviously repeating the process with the same settings will result in a worsening image.

Nat

On 11/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

The images you posted do not seem to have the same degree of compression. But there is a green tinge a bit like the effect one sometimes sees in jpg images when compression is high. Large expanses of similar colours that shade gently from one to another are reduced to fewer shades for compression purposes leaving blocks of intermediate colours. It may be that your export parameters are not optimum.  Here's an example using a jpg image. Both sides are compressed but the one on the right deliberately exaggerated has too much .

xx.jpg

In the export screen VP under Default Quality/File size try an export at High Quality and see if it makes any difference. This image has mostly blue but grey might show green as an intermediate shade.

Obviously repeating the process with the same settings will result in a worsening image.

Nat

Thank you for the insight.