Hello, sorry to disturb you all. I am newbie here. Recently, I call lame.exe from my software to do the encode and decode part by the help of a friend. My software is designed to record and play wave file in audio and visual. It is used in our speech rehabilitation centre to help children with speech problem. I work part time there.

I convert the wave file recorded by my software to MP3 by calling the lame.exe. It happened successfully.

Then, since the software can only play wave (cannot play MP3), I use the lame.exe to convert MP3 to wave file again. But, my software failed to play the wave giving the error of “Unsupported File Format”.

I checked both the wave file before and after conversion. They give the same format: PCM, mono, 16 kHz, 16 bits, 256 kbps. I could not figure out why the software cant play the wave file after conversion. The software can play the wave file recorded by the software itself.

Then, I tried by changing “- -decode” to “- - decode –t” but I get another error of saying that “Invalid File Type”. The, I tried again for “-x” because I thought there may be problem of little endian and big endian. The problem is still the same.

Hope you can give me some ideas or suggestions. I promise to do it as independent as possible, please, please. Please guide me at this very beginning.

• 3 months later...