Join up a 2 second cut

snowdoniaflyer

Hi all, been away from editing videos for a while so would appreciate some feedback from you guys

Have made a 2 second cut in between frames which I need to close, or join together, OR alternatively mute or add some fade in perhaps ?!

Looked in vain but cannot find any way to accomplish this. Probably looking too hard ? 

Hi

Having cut your timeline in two places and removed (deleted) a short section you will be left with a gap.

Right click on the gap (If it looks too narrow or you get square brackets appearing or the cursor gets in the way...zoom in a bit to make it wider.)

Now select Close Gap in Track. from the top of the menu that appears. This will remove the space and join the clips together.

Splitting and deleting the track is an intuitive way to go but if you select the clip/s on the timeline you can go into  clip preview and use the red and blue START/END markers to do the trimming and the timeline is adjusted automatically....no need to delete or close a gap.

An alternative is to grab the end of the clip at the join when its on the timeline when you will see those square brackets. Grab the one you want (their shape will indicate which end you have)  and simply drag it to shorten the end/start of the clip. Again the join up and changeon the timeline is automatic.

Easy for the altering the clips around the join. In the body of the clip .... Split/Split/delete/Close gap  is the most logical way to do it. (There are others)

Nat

Wow! And another....??.

• Select clip on timeline
  • In Clip preview move END marker to first split position
  • Add the clip again from the bin at the end of the timeline.
  • In Clip preview move START  marker to second split position

No deleting or splitting or gaps to close.

Great this program!^_^^_^

Nat

Many thanks guys for your expert help : Nationalsolo   (Nat) your close gap method worked after I managed to work it out as I found this program to be very sensitive, perhaps temperamental, but just a matter of getting used to it I guess. Thanks also to for making the time to help out, much appreciated. Borate,  your tip on delete/ripple is very useful. It's one of the best programmes have had the pleasure to try and Export results are amazing when converting as .Mpeg. All the best