Warning message on player for incorrect format

lrock

I have a paid version of ExpressScribe.  I have been loading the same voice files for years into ExpressScribe, but all of a sudden, I am getting an error message shortly after downloding a DSS file that says: "The .wav-org format is not supported by Express Scribe." 

I have no idea what this means.  I have never seen it before until the other day when I downloaded a voice file as I usually do into my Express Scribe.  I am able to play the voice file, but it is very annoying that this message continues to come up.  I have downloaded the latest version to 7.02 (which had been suggested through the help button) but I still get this error message.  Because I did not pay extra for support, I cannot get anyone from the software company to address my problem.  Is there anyone out there who experienced the same thing and has a fix?  Thank you in advance.

Make sure your DSS file is not in fact a DS2 file, as DS2 files are not supported by Express Scribe. Right click it and select "Properties" to check the "File Type"

Also, DSS files are for the Pro version only, make sure your license is Professional and that is registered in the program at "File > Register Express Scribe..."

Thank you for responding to my question.  I checked that the file is a DSS file.  Also, I am using the Pro version of Express Scribe.  I put in my registration code again and it accepted it (again).  I restarted my computer, opened up Express Scribe, and I still get the same message. 

As I said previously, I have had this product a long time and have used it to open the same type of files, even .wav files, and never had this issue.  I even went back and opened up voice files that previously I wasn't getting this message on, and I am getting the message.  How do I get rid of this message?