Voxal version 1.31 - Windows 10 Home 64bit - version 1803 build: 17134.191

niceget

I am hoping this post will help many Windows 10 users who are having problems with the new version 1.3.+.    I found my version searching the web from another download site and used the demo version 1.31 for about a week before I decided to purchase the program.  After I registered and used the prorgram for varous recordings everything worked as it did during my demo period.

I do not remember the download site from which I got version 1.31 so you'll have to search Google for that version and be VERY careful that it's a legitimate download site before downloading and installing the program (just to be safe).

In the Title field you see exactly what I using:  Voxal version 1.31 - Windows 10 Home 64bit - version 1803 build: 17134.191

Security Software can often times cause problems during installations:  I use Malwarebytes Premium for my security.  It did not effect 1.31 during installation.

The newest 1.3+ version does not work properly on 1/3 of the voices but version 1.31 is superb (on my system).   As a tech person I know the variables that can account for a program not working properly on all versions of Windows**.  Having said that, I know that all my system's drivers are up-to-date. I check them on a monthly basis. Knowing that Voxal 1.31 runs wonderfully on my custom build and Windows 10, I will ignore all prompts from updates until a new version like 1.32 or 1.33 is released.  If those fail it's easy enough for me to uninstall them and reinstall 1.31.

To the Devs.  You might consider releasing 1.31 to everyone rather than this 1.3+ version.  The plus sign is enigmatic and does not help us consumers to give you exact versions and builds for troubleshooting.

Best of luck to all. I hope my information has helped you.

42754696055_7e1d293346_o.jpg

Hi niceget,

I am one of the developers of Voxal. Could you help me understand the problem so that I can help you ?

1. Could you tell me which voice files are not working fine for you?

2. And when they are not working, what is the actual output ? Do you just hear your voice, or is it distorted noisy etc ?

3. My first instinct is that there was a change on some of the voice files which wasn't intended by me. Could you check  voices that are not working to see if they have Compressor effect in the chain ? If so, you can disable that effect from the chain and I think that should solve the issue and that file should work as intended. If you can confirm that, I will update and release the next version accordingly.

Thank you very much for letting us know the problem.

Regards,

Yusuf

To supply you with all the relevant voices would mean reinstalling the newest update. I can recall three that I use most with 1.31 that did not work well with 1.3+ .

1. big guy

2. male

3. male 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi niceget,

I would like to thank you first for your cooperation and help in identifying the issue. We have now located the problem and it will be fixed with the next release which should be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Yusuf