Edit & save

Yellowrose

Using free version VideoPad 6.10.

1. I can fade out audio at end of sequence but cannot figure out how to fade out/fade to black the video.

2. After saving/exporting a Project could not save another Project. Have followed instructions for exporting & saving as an .mp4 but seem to have lost my way for a second save. 

Exporting saves the whole sequence instead of from where I chose to start even though I did remove the video & audio before my startmark . I end up with a blank beginning which runs until the start where I originally chose to start.

I can fade out audio at end of sequence but cannot figure out how to fade out/fade to black the video.

One of several methods is to click the X (for a transition) and choose FADE or CROSSFADE.  Fade duration can be specified in the box at the bottom of the effects window.

Another approach is to use the TRANSPARENCY (opacity ) effect, and plot a fade trajectory in the animation editor.  See this help page. 

Exporting saves the whole sequence instead of from where I chose to start even though I did remove the video & audio before my start mark

Click the TIMELINE tab and switch to Storybook mode.  Verify that there are no clips prior to the intended start clip.  If there are, delete them.

If the issue persists, save the project and then click the OPTIONS button.  Select the DISK tab.  Press the Clear Unused Cache Files.  Try saving again.

Hi

" 1. I can fade out audio at end of sequence but cannot figure out how to fade out/fade to black the video. "

Left click the X at the end of the last clip and select the fade effect. Enter a suitable duration in the effect selection window or drag the end of the fade bar (the dark blue above the timeline thumbnails to the right or left to adjust.

" 2. After saving/exporting a Project could not save another Project. Have followed instructions for exporting & saving as an .mp4 but seem to have lost my way for a second save. "

if you use Save project option it just overwrites your first project with a new .vpj file.There will not appear to be any changes if you didn't edit anything.Use Save project As and enter a different name.

If you want to Export again simply click the Export Video tab and select the same export option again.. VP will automatically use the previously set up parameters. Enter a new name.

" Exporting saves the whole sequence instead of from where I chose to start even though I did remove the video & audio before my startmark . I end up with a blank beginning which runs until the start where I originally chose to start. "

If you have removed a portion of your project (e.g. a section from the start) and not subsequently "Closed the gap", the exported video will play black where the gap was left. To remove a gap from the timeline right click it and then select the option Close the Gap from the menu that appears.

Nat