batch conversion

Guest pforret

Guest pforret

When I try to use Switch in the batch (command-line) mode, the source files do not show up in the screen, and nothing is converted.

What I do is:

"D:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Switch\switch.exe" "test.wav" -format MP3 -convert

The Switch screen shows up, but no files are listed under 'Source file'.

When I add a file manually and then execute "/convert", the conversion works!

I looked a bit further, and it seems to be the fact that I do not specify the full path (didn't seem necessary because WAV file was in current folder).

Is this by design, or a bug?

Peter

we mainly designed the command line tool for integration into other software, so it is not always the case that someone is using the tool by typing from the command line. Currently therefore we do not detect for the folder the user is typing from. We are certainly happy to look into this situation and come up with some sort of solution for a future release though (we might add a default folder option or something like that).

• 2 weeks later...
we mainly designed the command line tool for integration into other software, so it is not always the case that someone is using the tool by typing from the command line. Currently therefore we do not detect for the folder the user is typing from. We are certainly happy to look into this situation and come up with some sort of solution for a future release though (we might add a default folder option or something like that).

can you do batch conversions and retain folder structure?without having toi convert each folder 1 at a time? also could there bean option to output converted files back into individual source foldesr? that way you could go through and delete/move the original file type later on.