Save project....

VPsense52

Open the file menu (click the hamburger icon at the top-left) and SAVE AS.  Give it a name.  The extension shown should be VPJ.

ALL the elements used in the project can be saved to a folder with BACKUP PROJECT FILES TO A FOLDER.

Hi Borate

Just replied to this post but for some reason it seems to have got lost???  and your post has a huge space under your last line of text..?? What seems odder is that my version of 6.10 had a down arrow next to the Save Project tab which gave a short list of save options but NOT Save as a portable project.or Backup files to a folder and the green tab which normally says File just had 3 horizontal white bars with no save options. The really strange thing is that I went to the NCH download page and downloaded the latest version to check the number and on opening the vppsetup.exe file (as far as the version number) found it was 6.01 so  I didn't proceed to download and deleted the file. On opening my 6.1 version again I find that the Save Project down arrow had disappeared, the green tab now says File and the options on this include all the save methods. I came back to the forum to correct my contribution (as I mentioned the down arrow) to find it wasn't there........Bit puzzling. ?

Nat

In 6.10 (beta) there's no chevron/arrow next to SAVE PROJECT.  That choice opens the file manager.

Yes, in 6.10 the 'hamburger' menu offers a number of options, the first of which is FILE.  Mouse over that and all the save choices are listed.

I repeat for the third time  -  there is  already a filename. No need to make another filename save project file as...

Like the screen shown  above is like that - the  " Save project file " is greyed out.  ( v 6.01 )

To simply save the file under its existing name, click the SAVE button in the toolbar.  The prior save, under that name, will be overwritten.  In essence THAT is "Save Project File."

If the project has previously been saved, with a title, that name will appear in the Save Project File AS box.  If it was never named, it with say "UNTITLED" in the file name box.

Change it there.  It's good practice to periodically use SAVE AS, incrementing the file name.  That way, earlier saves are retained.