"No valid webcam was found" - Previously Working Webcam Now Unavailable

Rage226

I just purchased NCH Debut this morning after using the free home version to vlog/tape auditions for my acting career for a while. Now, after purchase, Debut won't recognize my Logitech C920 USB webcam. The program opens to recording the screen as the default, even though the webcam is plugged in. Some pertinent details:

• The webcam worked with the Debut demo software with no issues.
  • The webcam continues to work with other programs, like Gchat and Windows Camera; so I have a feeling it's an NCH Debut issue.
  • The webcam shows up in the "Options" for Debut, and I can adjust settings; but when I go back to the main screen, it still tells me "No valid webcam was found".

I'm very annoyed by this as I paid for the software and usually face a time crunch when it comes to recording these auditions. Has anyone come across this problem and had any luck solving it? Thanks for your help.

Hi,

"The webcam continues to work with other programs, like Gchat and Windows Camera; so I have a feeling it's an NCH Debut issue." please close these applications, terminate the process from the Windows Task manager and then open Debut to configure the device. Possibly, the input of this USB device is taken by other application. 

Regards, 

Hi Telephony,

Thanks for your reply. I believe I figured out with the issue is - my webcam may not encode to h.264, but Debut recognizes it if I change the encoding to YUY2. Looks like that solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers