Text clip

VPsense52

How to make the text steady on screen reading for the whole sequence of three seconds?  Now I have is scrolling from left to right.

Also how to change the color of background of text to yellow color.

Videopad v6.01, HP window 10, thanks.

If you simply want static text, be sure that NO SCROLLING is chosen in the text editor.

But if your goal is to scroll text over a colored background, click ADD OBJECT in the tool bar, click ADD A BLANK CLIP,  then click the color box.  Place the clip on the time line.

To superimpose text click ADD OBJECT|ADD SIMPLE TEXT.  Compose.  No scroll.  Exit the text editor to create the clip and place it on track 2, just above the color background.

To animate it - in this case scrolling from the left, stopping, then scrolling off screen...  (See keyframes for a tutorial.)

Click the FX button on the text clip in the time line, click the green + at the left of the toolbar and choose the POSITION effect.  The smaller green + near the middle of the effects window toolbar will add keyframes.  Or create them by dragging the blue line in the graph.  Once created, a keyframe can be dragged around in the graph.

To achieve this effect, the graph will look similar to this...

VP_scroll.jpg

The result will look like this...

Note:  If prompted to sign in, just X-out.  No need to sign in.

Hi

If you don't want your text to move then select No Scrolling as Borate advises.

If you want your text on a coloured background then in the Text Editor window:....

• Click the down arrow for the lower box in the centre section of the editor window. it will probably be labelled  Editor Background  which is the first of three choices. Editor Background/Text Background/Full background.
  • Select the option Full Background and click the colour box to the right of it.
  • Select your background colour with the colour pipette or click the shade required

Your text will now have a full background in the shade selected. Note that the text image will normally be placed by VP on the overlay track (Video track 2) and with the full background colour set it will obscure any video on Video Track 1.

Nat

I was able to type text  ( subtitle text ) in the blank image clip colored as yellow background and place in third track at the end of all the sequence, but i got wrong accent, so i would like to edit the text  but no option to edit only delete whole subtitles and start a new one. What is the correct procedure.

If i use add text it will create a new text clip and not overlay to the blank clip. Needs guide please.

Either subtitles or text clips can be edited.  For the former, click SUBTITLES on the menu bar and, at the left, edit the text.

For the latter, don't click ADD TEXT.  Instead, click the existing title clip in the media bin, then click on the text box.  Edit as needed.  No new clip will be created.

I followed your guide but i can not change the font color. Also  changed the start and end of text but  it will not allow me to change, I clicked  apply at the end but  I do not know what block me from doing it. Any other thought that might help me?

If you have used ADD TEXT to create the wording...

Click the clip, which will reopen the text editor box.

Swipe the text to be changed, then type the new text in the swiped/highlighted area.  The change will be reflected above, in the preview window.

Again, in the text editor, select the text whose color is to be changed.  Then click the box to the right of the font size and pick another color.  Click on OK.

The text clip in the media bin will change accordingly.  If the clip is on the time line, it will be changed there as well.

HI

To use the Subtitles option you must have a clip on the timeline.

• With a clip on the timeline click the Tools option on the toolbar and then select Subtitles. This opens the Text editor window but initially property options are not available.
  • Start and end positions can be adjusted with the red and blue brackets. The highlighted area shows where the subtitle will appear.
  • Type your subtitle text. The options (Font/size/colour etc.) now become available and when chosen, the preview pane shows the result in real time. NOTE: picking a colour can be done by direct selection with the mouse on the colour square or the spectrum to the right and then selecting OK; but not all the options work with the mouse as  the selector. Outline for example, needs the shade to be selected with the pipette icon. It is therefore (IMHO) better to always use the pipette to select the required colour.
  • A Basic spectral colour can be selected with the vertical slider to the right of the Spectrum and the shade of the selected colour from the square to the left.
  • Click OK to apply the selection.
  • Click Apply to set the subtitles on the video.
  • Click the Add green cross to clear the edit box for a subsequent subtitle.
  • Don't forget to set new Start and End positions for the new subtitle.

To re-edit any subtitle:

• Click Tools followed by Subtitles. The Edit window appears showing existing subtitles
  • Select (left click) the subtitle to edit from the list on the right. The text is now shown in the edit window.
  • Individual subtitles can be removed by right clicking it and selecting Delete.
  • To change a subtitle text click the subtitles and edit it in the edit window.
  • To alter the property select the subtitles and then the property to change.(Font/Size/colour etc.) Changes occur in real time and are seen in the preview window.
  • Click the colour boxes to change font colour/font outline colour.
  • Select the new colour with the pipette (or enter the shade details with the sliders or direct numerical values)
  • Click OK to effect the changes.
  • Click Apply to set the changes.

Come back to the forum if you are having a problem with Adding Simple Text/Text Effects or Adding Text Titles.

Hope this helps

Nat

At last i have changed the color of the text by clicking on eyedropper and click on color pallete. 

Now I am ready to save into my computer ( export video file )  and burn into DVD styler in MPEG2 format playable in my DVD player.  What is the filename extension saved to my computer ?

Hp windows 10, 64 bit, dvd styler v2.9.6, again thanks to all.

If you burn a DVD, there will be various filename extensions on the DVD disc.  It won't appear on your PC.  VOB files are the ones containing the video material.

If you burn an image file (essentially a computer file that can be used to burn a DVD) it will have an ISO extension.

Hi

The filename extension for an mpeg2 is usually .mpg   If you use DVD Styler (or other DVD authoring software) the resulting files on the DVD are usually found in a folder called Video_TS

Opening the  Video_TS  folder you will find a Video_TS.BUP file and various others which include Video_TS.VOB ;   IFO files ;  and various other VOB files. The number found will depend of whether you have created DVD menus or not.

VP and VLC can open VOB files.

Nat

Any idea as to what is the best quality result using the format  .mpg  or  .avi   for the ff. specs:  HD720, 1280x720, 29.97 rate, 44KHz, audio/music stereo-wav,  save to computer and burn in the DVD styler and can be played in DVD player.

Added: Use  .mpg  or   .avi   file extension is best for  MPEG2 format, anyone can help me.

If i export  in the videopad dvd  option what is the filename extension that can be played in DVD player?