trying to create DVD from 720x480 DV capture

SMichelsen

I captured a bunch of VHS tape using an analog-to-DV-video capture device (a SONY DVMC-DA2 media converter).   The result was a huge 720x480 .avi file.   I first converted this to an .mp4 file. I am trying to produce a 4x3 DVD from the .mp4 using videopad.  I am struggling with getting the settings right, so that the DVD provides an image that is full screen in a 4x3 window.  So far no luck.  Can someone please suggest a process to getting this created?

While we're at it, is there a way to reset all videopad parameters to default, to be sure I am starting out well?

Thanks!

Steve

Assuming I understand correctly, you have a 720x480 video file that you want to export as a DVD movie using a 4:3 aspect ratio.

To achieve this, after adding the video to VideoPad and having it appear in the clip bin:

1. Right click the clip in the clip bin
  2. Go down to "Aspect Ratio" (third from the bottom), and select "4:3"
  3. Add the clip to the sequence
  4. Export as DVD Movie Disc, selecting "Normal (4:3)" under Video Aspect Ratio

You should now have either a DVD disc that plays correctly, or a dvd image file (.iso) that can be either burnt to a physical disc, or played directly in something like VLC.

As far as I know, there's no way to reset all the parameters to default aside from deleting registry settings, and that's inadvisable unless you really know what you're doing. Accidentally deleting the wrong registry key can break the whole computer. I know the default preview resolution is 768 x 432 at 30fps though.