audio records at different speed than video

Geezeronthego

I tried Debut for a couple days, liked it, so bought it and VideoPad last night. I registered it no problem...except it doesn't work any more. The video records fine, but the audio is garbled. It sounds like there are two audio tracks on playback and at least one is high pitched, as though they were on a different speed. I think this might be the case because the audio ends long before the video when I replay. I'm using the setting for speaker. On the free trial, I used microphone to record, which was terrible. I tried SPEAKER >  MMDevice (whatever that is) and was still out of synch. Then I did a dumb thing: changed two parameters without trying in between. I changed FPS from 30 to 60 and SPEAKER > FILTER DRIVER. (Had to reboot to take effect). It hasn't recorded right since. 

I know it is the recorded part, not the playback, because the videos I recorded on the trial version still play correctly, and the ones I recorded today  before changing FPS to 60 and SPEAKER to FILTER DRIVE still play (though out of sync). Everything I recorded after changing the SPEAKER and FPS plays garbled and high pitched.

Can you follow this? Any idea what is wrong?

Tom

• 1 month later...

The playback on my audio does not sync with the video.  At first the record was set to microphone only and it was garbled (I am recording on a Dell laptop), then I enabled speakers as well (I have no idea what MMDevice/Filter driver is - I'm 68 and not as technically savvy as most of you) and got the two-voice effect.  So I disabled microphone and now I get audio okay, but it doesn't sync with the video.   I am recording on fast speed - it was originally on the slower speed, and I thought changing it might help the audio quality, but now I can't remember how to get back to the window to change it back.  Would this even be of value?  Help?

• 2 months later...

What helped me was loading Debut before loading whatever I wanted to record. When I started opening Debut before anything else, I had no problems with synchronized and/or garbled audio and video. I still have the occasional issue with audio being recorded at a very low volume, but if I reboot the computer, that issue goes away.

Hum... my solution that I have described just above has not entirely solved the pb: there is stil a very very small sync gap...

@Geezonronthego:

When you write:

What helped me was loading Debut before loading whatever I wanted to record. When I started opening Debut before anything else, I had no problems with synchronized and/or garbled audio and video. I still have the occasional issue with audio being recorded at a very low volume, but if I reboot the computer, that issue goes away.

do you mean that you start the recording before the application to be recorded, or do you mean that you just lauch the Debut software ?

Thanks Geezeronthego,

it is what I did, but it did not improve anything compared with my solution (using Native H264 and MP4 as output format).....  But I still have a small desynchronization that I cannot explain nor remove:

The sync is OK during the first 50 mn, but the Audio & Video become progressively unsynchronized after approx 50mn...

Strange problem....

That's the problem with software and just about everything. I think my refrigerator is smarter than I am....

We probably have different problems with similar symptoms, but here are my other settings under options:

VIDEO: Screen capture with 60 fps, gamma ramp NOT checked

AUDIO: Speakers checked, and from pull-down menu I selected MMDevice

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Geezeronthego,

My ADUIO parameters are the same than yours, and my VIDEO parameters are : 30 fps and the Gamma ramp NT checked; I have change to 60 fps in order to have the same parameters than yours.

I will record a new video from screen to chack if this solves the problem...

I have bought the "Debut" licence because i had just verified that it was OK on 30 mn record, but to be honest I am a bit disappointed...

I have recently heard that there are FREE software than may run perfectly:

will try them, maybe they perform without this sync problem ?

By the way, have you managed to record a long video, let say 1h30mn  to 2 hours, without any sync problem using your VIDEO/AUDIO parameters ??

Thank you  very much for your reply,