Project has lost sound

flush

Hello,

We have been recording a podcast with a single microphone.  After the recording, the project played well. Then, I saved the project and tried to export to .wav. To my surprise, the exported wav has no sound, although the length is ok. So I came back to Mixpad and tried to play the clip. It does not sound, althought the clip was no flat line.

2wejpcj.png

It was around 30 minutes of audio. Have I lost it?. Any way to recover It?

Thanks

Hi,

If there is no sound on WavePad or MixPad, but you are able to see the audio waves and time indicator when playing the file, the case could be related to a system volume issue, to test, reproduce the same file using some other media player and confirm, if you still get no sound and you cannot hear any other file(s) playing, please review your system sound settings. 

Regards, 

Hello Telephony,

I have traid to play it exporting to .mp3 and to .wav with VLC or foobar2000. No sound. Also in the VLC osciloscope no sign of life :S. No problem with others audio file. I don't know if it means anything, but I have installed  WavePad and it shows  the flat line when using the option "Edit clip in WavePad".

29pu1r7.png

I have read that MixPad stores audio in files with .aud extension, but I have mi project file (*.mdp) in the desktop, and there is no *.aud file there. Where MixPad stores audio files?

Thanks.

Hello Flush, for this particular scenario it would be better if you contact NCH Software support team directly as it may be an issue with the file itself, but only by opening the file in a different computer you could determine if indeed the audio file is corrupted.  When you select the option to export mix, which formats and settings are you using, which encoding and format are you using to export the mix? Try using one of the presets in the program like high quality.