Express Burn Pro (purchased version)

thegun

:angry: I purchased the burn program along with a bundle of the other titles, after testing the trial version. the other programs (musical) seem to work ok. I use their rip program to transfer files to my hard drive, which were created from my Sony CD recorder in my studio. I use the Purchased copy of Wave Pad to edit the tracks and then use express burn to make copies. No matter what format I select from the Integrated burn menu, it outputs the files with a CDA file extension. I am running windows XP professional. I use " music " discs of varying brands. I have had the best luck using Memorex music CDR's. However, and this is a big however, allthough the file extension says CDA, when checking file formats using windows properties, it comes up and says the file type is WMA. As if this wasn't bad enough, I told the stupid thing to burn as a WAV file! But Wait theirs more! After highlighting Say 12 tracks from the same folder and burning them at 16x, which my drive supports, everything seems ok. No error mesages, nothing. Now the fun begins. I try to play the disc on several different types of players. It dosen't matter. when I get to about tracks 8-10 the disc starts to skip like crazy! the first several tracks play fine. I am well within the limits of the 800 Meg. the disc is supposed to handle, about 35 minutes of music. Then comes the Machine Gun ----Rat-a-tat-tat. I paid for support on everything but burn. only because I inadvertently down loaded the wrong Purchased Package which had wave pad, which I didn't need or want. then had to purchase the Burn program separtely, and didn't opt for the support. Why? because the trial version seemed to be simple enough and worked fine. If someone from NCH happens across this diatribe, perhaps you would be kind enough to explain the problem. any one else who would care to help, it would be most appreciated. By the way, I got into this software thru a site ( MajorGeeks.com ) owned and operated by some friends. NCH, are you listening? You may lose an outlet for your software!